Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: C'mon In Lurkers.

Hi from Croatia!

No questions so far from me.
    While waiting for my equipment to arrive I'm learning as much as I can. I've been reloading for a while now but didn't cast my own "boolits" - time to change that.

BTW, excellent forum!

P.S. excuse my english...

Boolit Mold
    Just found this place. I guess it is close to the end of the internet. I'm almost there.
    Have cast fishing weights but no boolits, yet. Still studying this. Have reloaded for years.
    Looking at casting 44, 45, and 30cal, and 50 muzzleloading.

Boolit Bub

Another new guy

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a few weeks and finally got around to registering. Very informative site you have here.

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome to the site, good people!

We hope to see some contributions from YOU, also. Whether you are VERY experienced or new to casting and shooting cast bullets, you will probably have a tip or two to pass on. Feel free to do so.

Dale53

Boolit Mold
    New member here anyone from vegas??

Hello from Indiana

Been hangin out here for a while soakin up info, this is a great site glad I found it!
    I'm just another shooter/reloader looking to start casting.

Bob

Boolit Bub
    Hey all been lurking for some time and I look forward to actually participating now

Boolit Buddy
    I'm new, I've lurked for almost a year I'm looking forward to try my hand at casting.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

I am out of town, enjoy your holidays.

Boolit Mold
    Howdy from Texas.

..been here lurking a while...trying to absorb some of the forum's collective wisdom. As soon as my Lee 405 gr. hb mold comes in, I plan to begin casting for my H&R 45-70 Buffalo Classic. I'm brand new to boolit casting and I can't wait to get started!

Eddeb3

Boolit Buddy
    Howdy from Orlando, FL.

Been lurking for mebbe a week.

I've cast boolits here and there for the last 40 or so years, nothing really serious though. But the price of commercial bullets has gone quite bonkers over the last few years (if you can even find what you're looking for) - so no time like the present to start casting again.

Dad left me a nice 1893 Marlin .32-40 (vintage mid-late 1920's) that was Grandpa's, and some rather old .32-40 cases that I've been cleaning up - along with molds and reloading tools for .32-40 and other various calibers. Been doing a fair bit of reading on .32-40 stuff; seems to be hard to find decent info on it.

Boolit Grand Master

SierraWhiskeyMC;

You might want to check in here:

http://www.assra.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

The American Single Shot Rifle Ass'n has lots of information on the .32/40.

Then there is the Marlin Owners Forum:

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/

Good luck!

Dale53

Boolit Bub
    peoples republik of kalifornia, southern division
    Look here, I'm fair new here and I can say it's real good to talk with folks who have their head on straight. Ever body I've talked to so far has been a good sign. I hope to be accepted here and be able to stick around for a while. Thanks for lettin me. Reddog

Boolit Mold
    I am new here, and I'm just starting to get into bullet casting. Its cool to find a website where so many people seem to have their heads on straight. Thanks for letting me participate.

Hello from Germany

Hi there, I've been reading and learning for a while now.
    I think it's time to step up
    Right now I have a .45-70 cast boolit project under way - we'll see how that comes out. Ok, I know it's not the most daring thing to do - but since I got the rifle, why not try using cast. It will be the first time for me.

Boolit Bub

New member intro

Hi everyone,

I've been reading this board for several months now after deciding to get back into muzzleloading earlier in the year. I've been impressed by the quality of the discussion and have learned a lot that I wish I'd known when I first started casting minies 25 years ago. I shot in the NSSA for ten years and also hunt, although I've never hunted with black powder. Maybe this year.

I made the mistake (?) of trading in my BP guns for shotguns some 15 or so years ago--family and job moves made competition shooting difficult. I am now rebuilding my CW gun collection and cleaning up old molds, buying new ones, casting, having fun on the range, etc. Currently working out the bugs on a P-H 2 band Enfield and a loaner P-H musketoon with a Hoyt barrel. I'm also waiting on a 1st model Maynard from Larry Romano.

This thread is what finally convinced me to register after lurking for so long. So thanks everyone, and looking forward to participating.

Rusty

Boolit Master

I did it!

I just found this site yesterday!

This morning I decided to Join Up!

My wife & I will be shooting more now, I use to reload quite alot back in the late 80's . . . just got my press out about a month ago! Loaded up about 100, but low on primers & powder, got the powder now, but the primers are still on backorder . . . been almost a month now! Prices sure have changed too!

I'm hoping to be able to cast all my own Boolits in the future . . .I have never done it before, still got to get the stuff I need to do it.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Grand Master

123DieselBenz;
    Welcome to the site!

Glad to have you "Back in the game". You'll enjoy bullet casting once you get the necessary gear.

I am still using my Bottom pour RCBS that I have had for thirty years. The gear lasts well. I have a "fish fryer" (same as a Turkey Fryer) that I expect to last me for years (I use this for "smelting"). It is important to use a separate set up for smelting ww's to keep the "gunk" out of your bottom pour pot. Only put clean ingots in your bottom pour pot for casting bliss (creates all kinds of problems with the bottom valve and you can also end up with inclusions in your bullets).

It seems daunting when you look at what you need, but I always suggest to potential reloaders to get up to speed with reloading. Then, when you are reloading without problems, then look at bullet casting. Frankly, I enjoy bullet casting and reloading and doing both allow me to shoot for practically nothing. I will shoot more than 5000 rounds this year (only cast bullets and reloaded ammo for me) and it cost peanuts. My reloading and casting equipment gets amortized over the years until the cost eventually becomes a non-issue.

During times of ammo shortage I walk around with a smile on my face (not a smirk, you understand, just a smile...).

Dale53

Hello everyone, new lurker here...

I haven't made my own boolits yet, but I'm slowly gathering materials and knowledge. This is a great site!

I'm actually brand new to reloading, I've only loaded up about 100 rounds (.357 mag), and only shot 50 of those. I'm an auto mechanic, so I can get my wheel weights for free. We don't do a lot of tire work, but I've got more than enough to get started.

The price of jacketed bullets got me looking at lead bullets. Then looking at lead bullets got me got me researching casting boolits. It's a vicious cycle, I tells ya.

Thanks in advance for everything I'll learn here!

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

The price of jacketed bullets got me looking at lead bullets.
    Yep! Some INSANE prices out there. For the cost of a few boxes of FLGC's [full length gas checks] you can purchase the beginnings of a kit to make your OWN boolits and be independent of the supply failures and cast your own BOOLITS.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Bub
    hello everyone. been coming to this site for a year now, just decided to register. great info , the very best out there for casting info.

Thanks

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast