Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: C'mon In Lurkers.

Been a gun lover since I was a kid and have enjoyed reading all the great information you guys have to give on the forum.
    I am now officially a member .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ant View Post
    Been a gun lover since I was a kid and have enjoyed reading all the great information you guys have to give on the forum.
    I am now officially a member .
    Glad to have you aboard Fire Ant.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Mold
    Been a lurker for a few years, just wandering through the forum soaking up info, figured it was time to start joining in a bit. I love this forum and have gained a LOT of knowledge from everyone here.

Boolit Mold

I've been lurking for awhile, and been learning just read a post from Gear on casting, frosting watching your pot Any way I've been casting pistol bullets for about a year pistol shooting is new to me and I got bit from the bug I shoot a .40 cal PT 840 Taurus I enjoy loading and casting as much as shooting working up new loads with different powders trying to find that magic load I have been shooting a 175 gr. lyman bullet and yesterday I ordered a 150 gr. lyman bullet mold so i'm on pins and needles right now waiting for it. I'm here to learn and shed what little light I can Thanks

I just joined a few minutes ago. Like many others I've been reading about, I've been a spectator for quite some time. I decided to join officially and begin trying to network with other folks of like interest.

Boolit Mold
    I've been lurking for some time now thought it was time to say hi. Reloading has been a 40 year dream, I've finally put enough of other parts of life behind me to begin. The reloading bench is in fabrication should be up and running in a month or so. I've been impressed with the insightful posts on the site, look forward to contributions in the future.

Boolit Mold
    When I read that title, I felt like it was directed at me. I did make my first post last week, and have gotten lots of help and fantastic advice in dealing with the .30 rimfire bullet already. I'm getting very close to having a reasonably simple method of making bullets for the little Marlin.

I've learned over the years that reloading is a lifetime hobby. Car's, girls, and boats were all high maintenance hobbies that I enjoyed in my youth, but reloading gear that I bought in the 1970's is still just as useful and beautiful now as it was the day I purchased it. There are so many obsolete calibers and techniques to learn that I have been a couple decades behind on modern reloading.

There are certainly enough new and interesting ideas here at Cast Boolits to keep me entertained. I'll try to contribute more, now that I have gotten such useful input from my very first post.

HD

Boolit Buddy

Thought it was time to introduce myself. Started reloading shotgun shells in about 1971 (I was fourteen). Started reloading for rifle and handgun in 76 while stationed at Ft. Bragg. So......I've been reloading for more years than I care to remember. However.......have never cast my own boolits.

A few yearrs ago, certain events in my life made it necessary to sell almost all of my guns and equipment. Now, things have settled to the point that I am starting to get back into shooting and reloading. I quickly realized that on my VERY limited income, I was not going to be able to purchase the ammo, or even the J word components to shoot at anywhere near the level I used to. That led me to considering casting my own. Hence, I found this site.

Been reading the threads here for a month or so and am hooked. Already started scrounging COWW and last week "smelted" about 100 lbs. Saving my pennies for a pot, moulds, sizer, etc....... Can't wait to start sending some of it downrange. Thanks to all of you for the amazing amount of information I have been able to gather from this site.

Boolit Master
    Hello all - just a short note to say "THANK YA'LL" for all the info provided on this site. A lifetime ago (in my 20's that was almost 50 yr ago) I did a LOTS of boolit (is that right?) casting and shooting. I recently decided to do a bit more reloading (which calls for cast boolits). I ordered a Lee Precision Production Pot IV (Grey) for casting. BOY!! is that nice - MUCH nicer than the old iron pot with ladle I used back then.

I wish to say "THANK YOU" for the threads on testing hardness of lead using HB and 2H lead pencils - that WORKS!!!

Also say "THANK YOU" for the lube info using "Ben's Liquid Lube" - I used 50% ALOX/50% beeswax mix back then as lube of choice for best accuracy. As seen, I've been doing a lot of lurking 'n reading over the last few weeks. GREAT SITE!!!

Ken H>

Boolit Bub
    I'm a new arrival here, not exactly a lurker, though I've visited before.

I'm new to casting, in fact I'm in the process of amassing kit and knowledge to start.

I'm not new to reloading but I'm always learning!

Boolit Mold
    I gots a question -just from reading a bunch of posts I have read cast boolits need to be larger diameter than jacketed bullets and the bore size
    my question is how do I get my brass larger to accommodate said boolit without sqeezing it smaller ? wiil it be stepped ? larger where bullet is gripped ? or what ? that's what I haven't found in any of the reading ive done here , thanks in advance for enlightening me
    Last edited by Willoughby; 07-03-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Boolit Master
    I must just simply thank you gentlemen ,and ladies as well. The information hear is at times overwhelming , but I can go over it 24/7 until I figure it out . It has been around a year since I started watching this sight . I have learned so much , I am truly amazed this is a loaders library. The archives are full of info on every topic you can come up with. I find myself looking for new questions to look up. Let me just say thank you for all your help and support . Without this sight I could not have started casting. Keith

Just joined up Yesterday, so much info avaliable here, just AWESOME.

Boolit Mold
    Haven't exactly been lurking, it's just that with any question I've had about lead bullets or my Win94ae this site has been first in all Google searches.
    We have plenty of Norma and Lapua stuff here, but cheap components are really scarce at the moment, so I went and ordered a 6-cavity for my Winchester.
    But I have to wait 'til newyear before any LLA becomes available, I guess someone has to row it over the Atlantic..
    I'm a metallurgic process operator by trade, quite sure that will be a disadvantage since I have some rather firm opinions on some topics, "fluxing" for instance.

Boolit Buddy
    I joined when I saw that they spell boolits the same way I do. Good Day.

Boolit Master
    Just joined up, thanks for all the great info. Look forward to learning more.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    Just joined up, thanks for all the great info. Look forward to learning more.
    Welcome aboard Derek !!!
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Stefflus View Post
    I'm a metallurgic process operator by trade, quite sure that will be a disadvantage since I have some rather firm opinions on some topics, "fluxing" for instance.
    There has been some heated debates over the issue before. You'll fit right in. No worries..

Welcome!

Boolit Mold
    Hello everyone just joined up. I think this is the best site i have seen on the net. been casting for a good while but every time i look at this site i learn something new. I know there is a lot of intelligent people on and here I will also try and help answer questions if i can. thanks for all the info. Thanks Rich.

Boolit Mold
    Hello everyone! I'm new to casting. I'm a Cowboy Shooter so have done a lot of reloading and a bit of shooting. Started reloading in the late 60's but have never cast a bullet!
    A friend gave me an old Lyman bottom pour pot and a Lyman 450 sizer with a few dies and top punches.
    Then I stumbled on a Star Lube Sizer so picked it up. I have gathered up a few moulds but still have not cast anything. Looking at casting .457 round balls, .357 or 38 in 125 TC or 105 TC, 44-40,45 colt, 45 acp, 38-55, 45-70, 30-30 and maybe a few more as I find time.
    Have gathered up some lead and waiting for the weather to warm a bit. For now just trying to learn as much as I can and will probably have real questions after I get started.

Jim

Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast