Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 41 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: C'mon In Lurkers.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

C'mon In Lurkers.

Just sitting outside the door isn't quite as helpful as joining in and getting the answers to your questions directly.

We are just a few under four thousand registered members now and I, for one would sure like to see 4k by the end of this week.
    Join in and register your interest in the craft and the science as well as the voodoo science of CB's.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Yes! You've heard that misery loves company? Well so does happiness. I dare any of you to catch this illness.
    Deano

Thumbs up

Yesireee....

So many boolit choices, diameters, alloys, throat/bore diameters, barrel lengths, twist rates, etc, etc.

That old hangun or rifle or smokepole or shotgun never had it so good!

And to boot, there`s a bunch of interesting and helpful people here.
    "I know what your thinking, did he fire six shots, or only five..."

Boolit Grand Master

45Nut;
    I really don't know what you are talking about. I have been a member for nearly two years and it has had very little effect on me (I mean, unless you consider over 2000 posts and I have taken delivery of THREE group buy moulds and have recently ordered a 4th from Ranch Dog). Plus I have hit this site about three times a day for two years. I have made friends here who are nearly without number and in spite of being a shooting competitor for over fifty years and casting longer, I have learned a great deal (the day you stop learning is the day you should lay down and die).

All in all, there has been almost NO negatives and the positives are almost uncountable.

So, what's to celebrate when you sign up here? JUST NEAR EVERYTHING!!

My thanks to all of you,
    Dale53

Super Moderator

...............I ya ain't growing you're dying, and the growth has been pretty steady. Sometimes getting bigger may cause a loss of some desireable aspects, but I haven't seen anything like that. Speaks volumns about the membership.

Too bad we couldn't ALL get together. Then they could bury Woodstock and forget about it. I wish we could form our own state Our motto could be E Pourous Plumbous Infinatus. Have to think of a good name for it, and then a state crest. Possibly a crest could be a stand of 3 rifles, say a Rolling Block, a Trapdoor and a Sharps. All surmounting a turkey fryer. Then a banner underneath stating "Imperius Regis, 45-70, sic pacem" wrapping around a couple boolt moulds?

As did Augustus McCrea, I have only a passing resemblance to latin, HA!

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

yes come in the water is fine why do you want to be a vistor when you could be a member what do you have to lose ITS FREEand each and every member is willing to gab if you need to gab help you at any timeyou need help i thought i knew a lot when i join but i was just a
    3 grader in class with collage grads so i ask questions lesten and i am getting smarter now
    when i ask a dumb question NO ONE MADE FUN OF ME (thanks guys)

Boolit Master

Amen.... Come on in. You might find a good trade for something or a good shooting partner. I've met some darn nice folks on here and met many of the local KY fellers face to face. Like having a good warm stove to sit around in the winter time at the local country store and tell lies./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master
    I am pretty new here ............... Where's the coffee and donuts????? LOL!

Thanks for a fine board with ever finer members!

Three 44s

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Three44s View Post
    I am pretty new here ............... Where's the coffee and donuts????? LOL!

Thanks for a fine board with ever finer members!

Three 44s

I think Buckshots buyin when we meet at Yasgur's Farm in Woodstock.

Shiloh

Ummmmmmm......... Hay Testhop..........What IS a dumb question anyway?
    Deano
    Last edited by DeanoBeanCounter; 11-13-2007 at 03:13 AM.

Amen to that.....I just discovered this site less than a month ago and my knowledge on the subject has doubled twice, tripled three times, and quadrupled 4 more. This is the best casting sight on the net.

hey deano iguess it is one that every one knows and you should too lol
    so see i still need guidence

Boolit Bub
    Hi all!

I've been lurkin for awhile now, learned a lot and am about to jump in and begin castin' my own sometime soon. Bought an outdoor propane cooker with a 105,000 btu jet burner from lalagniappe last week, Saturday I found a cast iron cook pot with lid at a local "Sanford and Son" sort of place and my copy of Lyman's cast bullet manual should arrive today.

Don't have any molds just yet, gonna order one soon, bank account permitting. That bank account is my primary reason for getting started casting my own but it also sounds like fun. For the price of a couple thousand store bought bullets I can cast my own indefinitly, and a friend of mine owns a mom and pop gas station and will let me have his WW for a song and dance, and I ain't sayin where his gas station is!

Now that I'm getting close to starting casting I'm gonna have lots of questions for y'all.

Y'all have a great forum here. Keep up the good work.

Boolit Grand Master

The very fact that one of the first things you have done is purchase a copy of Lyman's Cast Bullt Manual tells me that you are going to do well in the field of bullet casting and shooting.

Read the book, then read it again and keep it close to hand for reference. Then when you come here with a question, you will have MUCH more understanding than most.

Congratulations on your wise choices and continued success.
    Dale53

Boolit Master
    Did I mention that those donuts are KRISPY CREMES??????

Three 44s

Boolit Buddy Blackhawk Convertable's Avatar
    Well I joined last week and will be casting for the first time. I've done a lot of solder fountain work when I worked at an electronic card manufacturing plant. But, this will be the first time with molds. Got one of the 44 Slim molds on its way along with 20+ # of lead in the garage. When I get the pot, the handles and the rest of the tools, you might be sorry you let me join. Questions will abound.....

Moderator Emeritus
    To any shy retiring Europeans out there I can confirm that although it is populated by mainly colonial types they are quiet civilised at times and it wouldn't take much to have them house trained.

So come on in.

The drams are on Buckshot.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range jawjaboy's Avatar
    and a friend of mine owns a mom and pop gas station and will let me have his WW for a song and dance, and I ain't sayin where his gas station is!
    Awww heck, come on now! We would tell you!

Welcome!

Lurker ?

Am I a lurker? I registered in May 07 and had been reading posts for a few months prior to that. I have only a few posts but read all the newest posts daily. I still consider myself new to casting and don't yet have too much advice to give. Up to now, I haven't had to ask too many questions due to the outstanding amount of information already on the site. Sometimes a search is involved for my questions - which usually leads to me opening up a dozen other unrelated threads that catch my eye. Even though I spend an hour getting the answer to my question, I find answers to a dozen other questions that I never knew I even had.

To the moderators and all you members, thanks for running and being a part of such a fantastic site.

Boolit Master

Hey guys it looks like Woodwrkr don't trust us none!

GOOD FOR HIM!

Welcome to the forum Woodwrkr!

Enjoy your stay!

Page 1 of 41 1234567891011 ... LastLast