Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: C'mon In Lurkers.

Boolit Mold
    I have been lurking for a bit, just recently joined. I have only recently began shooting again and jumped in with both feet, including some reloading and decided to get into some light casting for fun and learning. Spent some time reading stickies and the Lyman casting manual to get started, with lots to learn, but there is a ton of information on this site and others, so any reading is good reading when it comes to all of this. Looking forward to gaining more knowledge before I try my hand at casting in the spring (too cold here in Michigan to do it now).

Dave

I joined your site years ago but I'm just getting serious about casting. I'm pretty excited to learn from all of you.

Boolit Mold
    After years of saying I never wanted to deal with the "hassle" of casting... here I am. Curiosity finally won out, I started doing research on your site, and I fell in love w/ the art & science of casting. Starting to accumulate supplies now... hoping to be up & running by spring. Thanks for all the great info, looking forward to being part of your community!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fraxinus View Post
    After years of saying I never wanted to deal with the "hassle" of casting... here I am. Curiosity finally won out, I started doing research on your site, and I fell in love w/ the art & science of casting. Starting to accumulate supplies now... hoping to be up & running by spring. Thanks for all the great info, looking forward to being part of your community!
    Both are great sites to learn from but the best way to learn is to jump in with both feet and just do it and ask as many questions as you can.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Too much info here not to come away with something.
    Non satis scire

Boolit Bub
    I too joined a few yrs ago but within the last year go into reloading and casting also...

Boolit Buddy

I just joined in hopes of finding info/facts on several projects for casting,
    have read lots of posts, but have found little info on what I want to do.

Great site,

Tia,
    Don

ps,
    the search dog just won't hunt for me.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by nvreloader View Post

Great site,

Tia,
    Don

ps,
    That's strange, it gives me more info than I can sift through. Welcome aboard.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by nvreloader View Post

Great site,

Tia,
    Don

ps,
    Can't find what you want no problem just ask in the appropriate form subsection.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Mold
    been lurking and reading a pile of info here, some incredibly smart, generous and creative people that know a lot about a lot...

Boolit Man
    HI. I am thinking about getting into casting.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by aaholland View Post
    HI. I am thinking about getting into casting.
    Go for it as it's a great part of the reloading hobby.
    Lead bullets Matter

Been a "Registered" lurker for a bit. Just wanted to introduce myself and let you know how much I appreciate all the knowledge here. Shot a lot of commercial cast but getting set up to do my own. Theo

Boolit Buddy
    I'm seriously considering getting into casting my own. I've been reloading about 3 years now and mostly use Bayou coated bullets. Donnie is a great guy to deal with but I'm looking to save a little as we shoot Glock matches on a regular basis and practice a lot. Also you can never tell when supplies may become scarce again. I'm not one to do things on the cheap, so I'm sure I'll end up with more invested than I should. And since I'm retired, it'll give me something to keep me out of trouble or doing chores around the house.

Boolit Master
    I haven't been lurking so much as not being in the shooting world for a number of years. Just getting back into the swing of things. I was casting bullets as a young teen way back circa 1966 or so. The first cartridge I started reloading was for a 7.65 Argentine. It was my big game hunting rifle for years. At that time the only one making ammo for it was Norma and it was fairly expensive at the time. I used the simple Lee Loader kit for making my reloads at the time. Lee bullet mold, etc. From there it just expanded on out. I now have a fairly large collection of assorted bullet molds from several different makers. Plus the classic Dixie Gun Works bullet molds made using iron hair straighteners too. Anyway, I found it quite fun to make the bullets, etc.

Boolit Mold chubby old bald guy's Avatar
    Testing, testing this is my first post. Been reloading since I was a teenager. I got here as soon as I could -- have I missed anything! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by chubby old bald guy View Post
    Testing, testing this is my first post. Been reloading since I was a teenager. I got here as soon as I could -- have I missed anything! LOL
    I'm new to CastBoolits but not to cast bullets. New to posting and looking forward to learning(and maybe even teaching) something!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I'm new to CastBoolits but not to cast bullets. New to posting and looking forward to learning(and maybe even teaching) something!
    Yay more Texans, welcome to the fold.

Boolit Mold
    I'm a new-ish reloader (3 years or so). I cast for .357, .45 ACP, .45-70, and .308, and I've got a mold for .380 ACP but haven't used it yet. Also load for .38 S&W. I've been lurking for about as long as I've been loading, and I'm getting ready to load my first bottleneck cases (.308) with my cast b**lets and will be posting some questions pretty soon. Hope you can help me out and I hope I can help out others in the future as my limited knowledge increases.

Need to get that post count up!
    DRS

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast