Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWideners
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tumbler

A great idea. I built mine a few years back using 100 lb chlorine buckets and an eBay gear motor.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hlight=Tumbler
    Last edited by jmorris; 11-11-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Very nice. You can clean a lot of brass at one time. What do you have in side to agitate the brass?. The only draw back I can see to this kind of tumbler is that it does take up a lot of space. But that's not really a problem. Looks like you took some time and made yours really nice. Mine was just and experiment thrown together with 2x4's plywood and sheet rock screws.
    Dont pee down my back and tell me its raining.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Farmer View Post
    Does the motor tag specify RPM?
    The motor is a Dayton shade pole gear motor 30 rpm

Boolit Buddy
    get a large tub from wally world or where ever, they go on sale after christimas for dirt cheap! and two or three moving blankets from harbor freight, glue, bolt, screw or some how fasten them to the inside in layers and sha bang! sound proofed box. you could also build a plywood box from scrap or a 2x4 frame from scrap and staple or lay the blankets over. I am working on mine now!

Very nice. You can clean a lot of brass at one time. What do you have in side to agitate the brass?. The only draw back I can see to this kind of tumbler is that it does take up a lot of space. But that's not really a problem. Looks like you took some time and made yours really nice. Mine was just and experiment thrown together with 2x4's plywood and sheet rock screws.
    I used strips of 1/2" Hyvar 2" wide to agitate. There are more photos of it here http://s121.photobucket.com/user/jmo...art=all&page=1

They only take up a lot of space when in use, when not in use, store it upright and it takes up the same space that the bucket itself does with a smaller foot print.

I checked out your pics. Very cool I like it. My agitators are a lot smaller. I wasn't sure how much stress would be on them. I might have to do some fine tuning to mine. Fun stuff, especially when it works. I did a couple thousand de rimed 22 lr cases today.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by lead chucker View Post
    . If any of you have a good system for that I would l like to be educated on it. ive been using a colander and one of those plastic gat litter boxes.
    No experience, but you got me thinking. What about two bucket lids bolted together? cut most of the inside out and sandwich screen in between. When you are done tumbling, snap this lid over the brass bucket, snap an empty bucket on that, and shake. Water and pins come out the bottom. Screen holds brass in place.

Dunno if that would be efficient or not.

If that would work, cut the bottom off the vent bucket. attach very fine windw screen. As you are shaking, water leaks straight out the bottom of the bucket, SS pins are caught in the bucket, brass stays in the top bucket.

gota remember this next time the garbage disposal locks up. Couple pulleys, belt & rollers.
    Whatever!

Boolit Bub
    I have a set up something like this one I have been working on to use with stainless pins. I riveted some pieces of old bed railing inside the bucket. Four of them. I made a cover out of some old stocking foot waders I had in the shop. 5mm neoprene attached to the bucket with Velcro with the space for the wheels left clear. I bought a hermetically sealed lid from Cheaper Than Dirt. Makes it easier to get the brass out.

Boolit Mold
    Great Job

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12