MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
Load Data
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Search ? on progressive press

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez Kelly View Post
    I LIKE this! I drive a Ford and reload mostly on Dillons. I guess I'm exceptional. Or something like that...
    Same here, I drive Fords and ALL my pistol ammo is reloaded on a Dillon. (RL550B)
    Which I got used after the previous owner decided to drive his motorcycle home from
    his favorite bar in the rain with a BAL of 0.35% (According to his highly ticked-off widow)

And I am about to replace my Green single stage press (RCBS) with a Black press (MEC) for my rifle loading.

And BTW, I have never had the slightest urge to trade my 1911 in and get a Glock
    Last edited by AllanD; 05-25-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Boolit Bub
    I have a Mark 7 on one of my 1050s, and all I can say is that it's simply amazing. Unlike many, I started on a progressive, a Dillon 550, and within about 3 months, bought an RL1050, then 2 years later, a Super 1050, and a 650... only after using those for many years did I finally buy a single stage just last year...

I don't see any reason NOT to start on a progressive IF one is mechanically minded and willing to tinker and learn on a continuous basis.

Boolit Bub
    Progressive for postal
    SS for rifle

Boolit Bub
    Progressive for postal
    SS for rifle

I have a Hornady LNL once you get it set up the way it is meant to be it is very reliable, but if you do not have the patience to learn how to set it up, as with all progressives, you will pull your hair out or throw it in the trash.

I have a Dillon XL750 and a Hornady LNL. Started on the LNL. Dillon costs more in almost every regard, but I do like it better. It's not been without its issues though. The priming system, though new and improved, was a total mess. I finally have it dialed in but I had to take a file to some parts, per Dillon's recommendation, and several parts have had to be replaced.

Zero parts on my Hornady have ever had to be replaced. But, the Dillon is still the better press IMO.

Boolit Mold
    Help, I'm new at this and hope I am posting correctly. I have a Star Progressive reloading press which is no longer progressive. I've studied the schematic and can't figure out what makes shell plate spin. Would greatly appreciate any help

Boolit Bub
    I have a Hornaday lock and load press that has shell plates for 223. 38 cal, 44 mag and 500 S&W it has add on equipment low primer alarm, low powder alarm, special articulated handle, extra primer tubes and more. Looking to trade or sell.

Richard

Boolit Man
    I guess I'm the Odd duck. I have had several RCBS single stage, 1 Dillon 550, one Hornady LNL. And I have sold all of these except my Rock Crusher and my old first press a RCBS Junior. I also have 1 Forester that I load Match ammo on. But my main press is a Ponsnes Warren Matalic 2. It is not a speed demon but it is a pleasure to operate. The company is still in business making these and selling parts and accessories. Located in Idaho. They are expensive but very well built.

SS for rifle ammo
    Dillon and Lyman T2 for handgun ammo
    Ford and Jeep Wrangler

Boolit Buddy
    I have an old Lee three hole turret, a Lyman all American 8 turret and a Dillon 1050. If you can afford the Dillon, jump on it. I found mine used. The 1050 is amazing, you’ll never look back.

Lee Precision is coming out soon, with a 6 true station progressive press in the ball park of $250. Might want to wait for that.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Buddy

I love my Dillon Super 1050 and my old Dillon RL 1000 They crank out a pile of good ammo! Thinking about a 750 cause I have an extra case feeder. A friend gave my an old Hornady Pro 7 Had a 44 Mag shell plate in it. Loads plenty of 44 Mags but Hornady said sorry when I called them. No parts available. Would buy another one if I could find one. They work great! Hornady replaced the old Pro 7 with the Lock and Load progressive.

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    I have two Dilion 650’s and I really enjoy both of them . IMHO they are great presses and I have excellent service from them.
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Txcowboy52 View Post
    I have two Dilion 650’s and I really enjoy both of them . IMHO they are great presses and I have excellent service from them.
    Have a couple 750s and a couple 550Cs...an old 1050 and a Super 1050 I've hardly used. It's gonna get sold soon I think.A retired Star and a retired CH Mark III or IV. They work fine just went to Dillon and never looked back..eBay bound soon. I also tried Lee progressives. Take too much work to keep em going. eBay also bound. Had a Hornady Ammo Plant that I never got to work Never even put the case or bullet feeder on it. Fellow came in my loading room and really wanted the press but not the feeders..so it's gone may put the bullet feeder on the 750. I load rifle ammo on Redding T 7s and a Dillon AT500..A Dillon 550 with out the bells and whistles. The older I get the less I load so in the next year I'll probably reduce the herd a bit more .

Quote Originally Posted by alleyoop View Post
    I think I've seen it here before but had no luck searching. I think someone posted a head to head comparison of the big 3 progressive presses, any help locating would be great. I'm tired of fooling with the loadmaster, the piggyback I'll keep but I'm thinking I want a real progressive. Thanks
    I wish I could help you with your LoadMaster. Mine too sat on shelf for many years until I was shown how to make them great. Good luck.

Boolit Buddy
    I have never seen a great Loadmaster. A great press is one you get set up and load on with no adjustments or other problems. I have a loadmaster here that has Never loaded a complete box of ammo without foul ups with mostly primers. I have a CH Mark III that loads great as do the Dillons. RCBS has never made a great progressive either

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by rocice View Post
    If you drive a Ford you’ll buy a LnL ap, if Chevy then a Dillon. Dodge, well any of the other presses out there.

Whatever you do, make sure you take your time and learn the press. Any one of them will turn out good ammo.
    ????????????? What in the world, this doesn't make any sense to me at all unless I'm missing something, or need to smoke something first.

Boolit Master
    Hmm, I have two Toyota Tundras, what does that equate to?

RCBS Rock Chucker
    Dillon SDB
    LNL AP

Quote Originally Posted by Garyshome View Post
    Dillon 550B loads a mess of ammo quick & easy! Pretty good warranty also!
    I'll add to that... this past year I sent back TWO powder measures from my 1990's 550's for "repair" and they sent me back two brand new measures.

Being young and stubborn I went through Lee, RCBS, and Hornady presses before I went with the overwhelming popularity of Dillon presses and have three 550's and a 450. I gave away everything but my RCBS BIG Max. I'm stuck with a Hornady "Pro" Jector
    Regards,

Gary

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast