MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Another use for the MiHec 477-640 GB

Another use for the MiHec 477-640 GB

One of my Co-Workers was complaining about the cost of "Factory" sabots, Powerbelts, Shockwaves etc at $1 or more each. I told him to order a bag of .475/.50cal sabots and I would give him some Boolits to try. With postage the Sabots cost him about $10 for 50, we got them from HAWK BULLETS as I could not seem to find them anywhere else. Cast him a batch of Large HP out of my MiHec 477-640 Group Buy Cramer, fairly soft Range Lead and did not bother with Lube or GC since he is running them in a sabot. 2 50gr 777 Pellets, a Rem 209, T/C IMPACT rifle. 60 yards off shooting sticks which I think account for a lot of the horizontal spread. The Black Dot is just about 3" dia. group measures just over 2" center to center. Actually six shots in the target, two each in the hole at 5 o'clock and at 7. Hoping for Hunting Results next week, opening day here is the 15th. Will pass on those pictures etc when available.

Safe Hunting to all
    Kevin

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

In Remembrance

Kevin, awesome results. Watch out, though. Your friend will certainly place his order for 1,000's of the cast bullets.....

Or, get him hooked, and start charging $.25 each.....

In any event, awesome combination, and nice results. Hope he has good luck hunting.

And, hope that you also have good luck hunting.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master

Well if that aint COOL!!!
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776