RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abbreviations

Abbreviations

Forgive me for asking or ranting, but what the hell does COWW stand for? I now the ww means Wheel Weights but it is the CO that has me stumped. All these abbreviations, it really don't take that much time to actually type out words, seems to be getting worse every day now days. OWID = Oh Well I Digress

Love Life
    Clip on. Quite common in the boolit vocabulary.

Most of the time 2+2=4

Boolit Buddy
    Clip on wheel weight.

Sometimes it is a leap to get this stuff straight.

Boolit Master

Cows
    On
    Weight
    Watchers
    Ya mean I have missing out on all the good sale adds.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Grand Master

If you don't know what COWW means then how do you know what SOWW means?

ummm

skinny's
    out ( of )
    weight
    watchers
    ??? :P

the most important abbv. to remember ( at least if you're married ) is SWMBO !!! ( she who must be obeyed ) because as we all know if momma aint happy .....

actually there's some new ones that get me from time to time , best thing is as you've done - ask , most of us are here to help ( both ourself's and others ) while some may jest about it ( such as my skinny comment etc ) that aspect is all in good natured humor , i'm also pretty sure that the abbv. rage is a trickle down from the government , what with all the alphabet agencies etc ( kind of like that " insanity is heredity - you get it from your kids" aspect but a lil bit different )
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Boolit Master
    It used to be everyone just called em wheel weights (WW), but then a need was established to differentiate between clip on wheel weights (COWW) are made of a different alloy, with antomony that makes it hard, than the stick on wheel weights (SOWW) which are closer to pure lead and soft.

Basically the handgun and rifle crowd generally prefers COWW, and the black powder crowd prefers SOWW, though some folks mix them together for an in between allowy.

Moderator Emeritus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Aw, hell, don't get people actually reading the classics and stickies. That's only why they are there, so we don't keep repeating ourselves. What would we have left to do, if they actually used that part of the forum like they should? Probably takes longer than typing out the question after SEVEN years.

The longer I think about it, the more angry I get at the OP in this thread.
    Last edited by waksupi; 11-07-2013 at 04:02 AM.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Dont forget WDWW
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

In Remebrance

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Aw, hell, don't get people actually reading the classics and stickies. That's only why they are there, so we don't keep repeating ourselves. What would we have left to do, if they actually used that part of the forum like they should? Probably takes longer than typing out the question after SEVEN years.

Cool down big guy! Now you know how I feel every time I see a post titled, "Can I shoot a gas check design without the gas check?" I mean, we only created an entire sub-section just to answer that question!

Know what? We're starting to sound like grumpy old men.......

Last edited by Artful; 11-07-2013 at 09:52 AM.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

So what if I choose to nurture my inner Walter Mathau.
    " A politician is the lowest form of life on earth. A liberal Democrat is the lowest form of politician" George S Patton

The dead don't know they are dead. It only affects those around them.
    It's the same with stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post

Yeah waksupi, it would have most probably been a bit faster reading in classic and stickies http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-on-This-Forum, but then again, if everyone knew how to type, then they could type out all the words and then there would be no need for the abbreviations in the first place, and we would not need a stickie to look them up.

Again, just my 2 cents worth.

Boolit Master
    If newbies read all the classics and stickies, we wouldn't have nearly as much to talk about.

Then the cranky old guys would complain that nobody is asking any questions.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    There wouldn't be much to talk about if all the new folks got every answer out of the stickies.
    COWW
    SOWW
    COW
    WQWW
    WDWW
    JPJ (as opposed to J-words(jaxeted projectiles))
    NCBS
    There will always be that guy like me that has a 312 boolit in a 310 throat that 306 at the muzzle w/a full 6 line lube star and 6'' of horrible fouling ,cause that answer ain't in the stickies.... the solution is but the answer isn't.

I'm sure somebody must have read COW and wondered why a guy would put it IN a case rather than make a boolit out of it.(COWW)
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    Anybody notice that California (CA) uses the medical acromym for cancer?
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    At the bottom of this page is a list of Jacketed Reloading terms. I have long thought that they need to changed to Boolit terminology,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

Well my favorite is CRS = Can't remember stuff
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast