MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Wideners Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'll be at the Tulsa Gunshow on saterday.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oneokie View Post
    Guys, if you plan on seeing everything in that building in one day, you need to be in line when the doors open, walk fast and look even faster. And wear good walking shoes. If you see something you like/want, get it then, if you plan on going back later, it won't be there, if you remember which table it was on.

One other thing, at the entrance to the lower level on the north side, there are usually gs employees that will sell you a ticket if you have the exact amount. Saves lots of time getting into the show.

If you want to do it right, get a room Saturday night and go back Sunday.
    Pay heed to this man's words.
    Bob

Boolit Grand Master
    Just remember to keep your wallet in your pocket, as there are a LOT of things there you think you really NEED!!!

Will be wearing a blaze orange fanny pack
    Last edited by rockrat; 11-07-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

My problem isn't what I think I need, I can deal with that.

My problem is finding those things I didn't know anything about and suddenly discovering that I can't live without.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Buddy

If that is your plan start on the lower level of the building on the west end against the retaining wall, that is where all the collectors associations will have their tables set up. Last spring there was a dealer there that only dealt in English double guns and shotguns, Purdy's and the like; he had at least four that I remember that had 6 figure price tags on them. There were at least four collectors there that had nothing but German drillings, the real high end ones.

I live in Tulsa and go to Wanamakers every time it is in town. I have never managed to go through the entire show in all the years I have been going to it.

Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    I'll sure do that.

BTW, I have no intensions of seeing the whole show. I intend to see the show, but not all of it. I've got a no-name german single shot sans set triggers that I will have slung over my shoulder. Hopefully I can find a set of triggers that are close enough that I can fit them to it. If not, then perhaps I can sell it for a decent profit.

I think all the fellers I'm going with have no desire to do it that way. I'm going to go, get all starry eyed, and then go home.
    The real reason I'm going is to find some examples of superb workmanship that I can take a close look at and see how they are done, to get inspiration for my custom rifles.
    Should be educational because one of the fellers I'm going with has spent a lot of time in europe and knows superb workmanship when he sees it. He has promised to put me in front of the best, and then I'm going to see how close I can get to it in my shop.

Boolit Grand Master

If you had another half day (and another pair of legs) you'll be awful close to the Davis Museum in Claremore. More percussion rifles & shotguns under one roof that you'll find in some entire states, many are awesome examples of old school workmanship. Basis of the museum was a 10,000 gun personal collection, simply mind-boggling. Two tips: the tollway won't send you a bill if you have out of state plates and the Super 8 by the Tulsa airport is a really bad idea.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Bub
    ^herd that dragoon!!! its not possible... i think if we are on the forums, it means we like to talk. and if we like to talk, it means you can prob see about 10-30% of whats there. i zig, i zag, i bs, i annoy the folks who are trying to run the aisle and see everything... i bang guns (mine) off of tables, its a sight to see!!

i will be there, dark hair, wolverine style facial hair, will be totin a saiga shotgun and or a retro colt AR...

i used to get gun show fever, but the past few years with having less income, bein married etc, its tamed me down a bit. and this new breed of get rich types sellin chinese junk has my knickers in a twist... i feel like those flybys are keepin the folks away with the real interesting stuff. oh well. maybe when the economy pics up, if we have a country then, maybe the good stuff will come back out...

Boolit Grand Master

Well, I'm on my way back. I got to shake the hand of no less than five booliteers, and it did make my day!
    The show was a bit of a drag, because the prices on all the tables were about 20% higher than what I would pay if I JUST HAD TO HAVE IT. However, I did score a couple of Arisaka sporters, some brass, and some material for inlays, and I met some great people.
    There is a lot of knowledge behind those tables, and people were very happy that I was interested in good old fashioned wood and blued steel.
    There was only one rifle that I had to leave behind, that I really wish could have followed me home. It was a steal at $1300 but I just couldn't afford it ;(.
    All in all, it was a really fun time!
    Now, back to the hotwings and Stilton cheese.
    God bless everybody!
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Hey Tim it was great to meet you today and shake your hand.
    I hope your feet forgive you in the morning! That show is a grueling shuffle.
    Todd
    Okie

We have a saying in our house: No pity for self inflicted wounds!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Okie73 View Post
    Hey Tim it was great to meet you today and shake your hand.
    I hope your feet forgive you in the morning! That show is a grueling shuffle.
    Todd
    Honestly Todd, the pleasure was all mine! I just wish we had had more time to get aquainted. Maybe next time!

Agreed!
    Okie

We have a saying in our house: No pity for self inflicted wounds!

Boolit Master

I just returned a short while ago from the big show. I am sorry to say that I did not get to meet any of you cast boolit folks. Wish I had of. It was another great show, and as you said Tim, things were in my opinion too, still a little too high. Hopefully it is not the new norm. I did manage to bring home a Mod 98 in 8x57. It is a sporterized rifle, and someone did an outstanding job on it I think. I need to give it a good cleaning. I ran some patches through it and it has some copper that needs to be mined out!
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Grand Master

I think I know the one you are talking about. Did you get it on the upper level? Buddy of mine walked away wit hhis lip out, because he just couldn't swing it (even though it was a good deal).
    That would be a hoot if you got the same rifle! LOL!

Boolit Master

gun show find 8x57

Tim I found this Mauser on the lower level at a table along the south wall. I would like full military, but this one has a nice stock and a Lyman 57 receiver sight which I like. It is what I call a classic style sporter with a low check piece with a shadow line which is to my liking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SAM_1154.jpg  
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Grand Master

Heck yeah! You did good!
    Congratulations on a fine rifle, and a good deal. Not the same one my buddy saw, but no less a rifle.

Boolit Grand Master
    Goodsteel, now that I look at your avatar closer, that youngish looking guy I passed by near the upper food vendor on the North side, just might have been you.

Boolit Grand Master

Very possible. I'm only 32 years old. Too bad! I would have particularly enjoyed meeting you!

Boolit Grand Master
    I will bet that was you. Thought right at first, too young, but when I decided to turn around and holler your name, you had dissappeared into the crowd. Would have enjoyed meeting you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123