RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What kind of reloading stool or chair?

Boolit Master

I use a doctors exam stool. On castors, pneumatic height adjustment with a 10 inch range, and foot rests. I readjust the height every 15 minutes because I have back problems.
    Ed Barrett
    AKA; elbStJoeMO
    If vegans love animal so much, why do they eat all their food?

Boolit Master
    I have both an adjustable mechanics stool that I got as a gift and a cheap adjustable office chair that has no arm rests on it, I also stand and load sometimes. May want to check local yard sales.

I bought a nice padded swivel chair on casters at an Air Force auction, the cool part is it has "Weapons" stenciled on the back.

My wife bought me a rectangular bar stool. I had to add padding, but it works for reloading. I am a little afraid of wheels!
    I cast standing up. I purposely put my cast bench high (43 inches) so I could see the pour better.

Boolit Buddy
    My 2 benches are about the same height as a desk I work back and forth between the two. I just bought a nice highback office chair that has adjustable height and tilts back so ya can lean back and rest your back on them long nights on the presses. Its also on wheels so I can roll back and forth between the two benches. I also spend alot of time on the internet setting in that chair. I paid $50.00 on sale at one of the office stores. BEST $50.00 I spent and I a cheap .....
    Yes my grandma wears combat boots. But remember her carry weapon is a Ruger .454

I suggest Goodwill stores, Salvation Army stores, salvage stores, used office furniture stores, flea markets, etc. Most any of those is likely to have just what you want for a great price. I'm a big proponent of recycling good usable stuff, but my wife would tell you I'm just a cheap redneck bastage.

Boolit Grand Master

Let's see, we moved here from NH 20 years ago. When I was in NH I picked up an old, and I mean old, wooden, castered banker's swivel chair. It was being tossed out. I have used that chair as an office chair, my oldest son had it in college and about destroyed it, and now I'm using it for reloading. I've rebuilt it three times. The entire bottom feet are new, the arms are re-mounted, and the back is too.

Anyway, that's my seat, it swivels and rolls around on a wooden floor.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy

Swivel, adjustable height with rollers office chair from Wally World for around $50

Boolit Bub
    I use a swivel bar stool , it works well with my benches that were built so I can stand up and reload also

Boolit Master

I use an industrial stool about 30" high. Got it at work before I retired 7 years ago. It has some strange colors having been painted several times. Only by accident, it is the right height for my reloading bench.
    John
    W.TN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12