Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
Reloading Everything

Thread: Something kinda magical just happened.

Something kinda magical just happened.

So for the past few weeks, my lovely wife has been encouraging me to get a backup freezer to hold the copious amounts of salmon, game meat, beef, etc. that I am in the habit of stuffing into our small refrigerator/freezer combo. I've seen some good reach-in styles, but right now money is REALLY tight and I just cannot swing it.

I was in the driveway working on my car and the neighbor from across the street, who I don't have a great relationship with since he is a drunk and got upset at me for raccoons getting into some garbage, walked up and started small talk.

I wa pretty upset with him when he got rude over the garbage incident, but I was my usual gentlemanly self, so I explained what I was doing on the car and just chatted politely.

Out of the blue, he asks, "Do you have any use for a standup freezer? It's about 23.0 cu. feet, but I have a new one coming and want to get rid of this one".

I was blown away at the nicety AND the timing. I went over and looked and it's perfect for my needs! Now, it'll be ALL MINE in a few weeks when he gets the new one and I couldn't be more happy.

Just figured I'd share what a nice Halloween surprise I got today. That is all.

Happy Halloween and Praise God!
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

In Remembrance

Pay to be nice to the neighbors no matter how nasty they can be. Congrats.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Master
    It pays to not hold grudges. The remote incident is over and done with and even drunks can be nice people (at least when they are sober). Good manners = good Karma, enjoy the new freezer.
    R.D.M.

Invite him shooting (no alcohol allowed).

In Remembrance
    Good for you, I don't know how anybody gets by without a freezer.

In Remembrance
    Good for you, I don't know how anybody gets by without a freezer. If mine quit tomorrow, I would be scrambling to get another one quickly, or have to store everything outside for a while. lol

Boolit Master

Ya done good there PS Paul. Your story makes me wonder how many things in life I missed out on by not having the right attitude or not taking the time to listen.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Quote Originally Posted by nvbirdman View Post
    Invite him shooting (no alcohol allowed).
    You know, I haven't actually thought about this for years, but I sold him a Blackhawk .45 Colt with 500 rds. brass, dies, holster, powder and some boolits about ten years ago (for $300.00!) and still have never gone shootin' with him.

Maybe I should do that in thanks for the freezer? I thought about a bottle of booze, but that might not be the best gift (ha ha!!) after all.
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Boolit Master

Congrats!
    If you give more than you get,
    You will get more than you need,
    This is true for the good and bad you do in life.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

I'ts good to check the attitude at the door. Which I usually have a hard time with

Moderator Emeritus

Couldn't live without my chest freezer, just stuffed 1/4 of grass fed beef in it.

Boolit Master

God's timing is always perfect but never early! Time to become good neighbors as much as that is possible.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

You do realize that the coons are gonna be in the freezer right!?
    They call it "common sense". Why is it so uncommon?

An empty 23 c.f. freezer, that's no good. Time to get with your hunting & fishing buddies and make plans to fill it quickly!

BB

Boolit Master

Congratulation on the serendipity. I agree, it might be a good opportunity to improve relations, however the method, and at least make things cordial enough to wave and say good morning, even if you don't end up drinking buddies (ok, kidding on that last bit).
    Bulldogger

Quote Originally Posted by PS Paul View Post

I was in the driveway working on my car and the neighbor from across the street, who I don't have a great relationship with since he is a drunk
    That's funny all 8 of his brothers live around me on my street. Huh! small world.

Sounds like a god deal to me.....