Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what would make whant to go to a cast only shoot?

mmmm roast pork. Have a pig roast!
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Master
    some place to put these pieces of lead that somehow keep plugging up my good reloadable brass
    Loren

Boolit Buddy
    Like the other posts. Meeting good people with the same interests.
    I keep trying to stay afloat but can't help from shooting holes in my own boat.

Moderator Emeritus

A mold/sizer/handle and other cast related item swap before the shoot.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Long range handgun gongs. Out to 200+ yards! I would be very handicapped shooting a cpl 4 3/4" bbl Blackhawks, but dang, it would be fun. A trophy for diff classes and/or accomplishments would bring me out.

Boolit Grand Master

I ran the Los Angeles Silhouette Club for about 8 years. I started and ran the Extravaganza of Silhouette for it's first 8 years. The Extravaganza is a tremendous success and by the fourth annual we drew shooters from 5 continents and put through over 650 entries in two and a half days. The shoot-offs are on the afternoon of the third day. Learned a few things along the way.

As was already mentioned, many folks simply don't want to compete so it needs to be informal in it's format. While the Extravaganza was a match the rules were pretty laid back. It is also a three day event with one entry fee and as many entries as you can shoot in all three days. Also included is an all you can eat BBQ on Saturday and Sunday evenings and free RV or tent camping at the range. Any legal firearm that didn't damage targets are permitted, if there is no category for the firearm type you want to shoot we created one, shoot it, while it is a handgun silhouette match all rifles that didn't damage target are also allowed. Smallbore, big bore, shoot what ya brung. Free door prizes and a $5.00 raffle ticket for a firearm, we gave away an FA revolver one year, a BF pistol another, a full custom match XP-100 etc. We have free entertainment on Saturday after the BBQ such as bands, had a quick draw showman put on a heck of show one year. Each morning was started with the National Anthem & a Marine ROTC Color Guard in full Dress Blues.

Is this to be an annual event or a one timer? Many shooters that attend such events aren't too interested in yet another plaque, what is very popular is the participation hat pins with the name & year of the event.

The sky is kinda the limit and depends how much do you want to put into it. Of course getting the word out to shooters is paramount. Flyers in all gun and sporting goods stores in the area and mail flyers to ones further away. Give flyers to shooters from other areas to take home and put in their local stores. The internet is your friend too.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

And yes pmr, one year we put the whole pig on the grill, took all Friday night and all day Saturday spinning it to cook it but talk about tasty . . . After that we decided to use smaller pigs.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

I don't shoot competition but I think something like rabbits in sporting clays would be a blast, any cast rifle only.
    Whatever!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12