Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: Look what I got as a gift!!

Boolit Master

Look what I got as a gift!!

It appears to have little previous use. The 30 and 8MM molds look virginal. Just in time as my RCBS Lube A Matic is near death and the needed part is no longer available.

That is a nice gift.
    The molds do look a little too clean.
    Congratulations and keep doing what ever you've been doing right.

Boolit Buddy
    Nice! They are great little machines, but be careful seating gas checks or sizing hard alloys, the handle is a bit fragile if you're rough on it.

Boolit Master
    Man that is a sweet old one.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master

NICE!! I love my Lyman 45, it's a great old press and I really dig using those "antique" tools. I picked up an identical box of .30 cal gas checks at the last gun show I went to. The gentleman behind the table wouldn't take my $10 offer...he said "that's too much...I'll take $5".

Boolit Buddy

Great gift. Those good machines!!!

Boolit Master

Sweet, very nice gift!

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Boolit Buddy
    Luck you my RCBS Lube A Matic died last Thursday the thread for the die lock nut stripped,
    A friend had a Lyman 450 that was not doing anything so a 5 hour round trip got me back in business
    great to have friends with spare gear, still want a new RCBS much better machine had the old one over 30 years. Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Sapp View Post
    Nice! They are great little machines, but be careful seating gas checks or sizing hard alloys, the handle is a bit fragile if you're rough on it.
    Yep, I pretty well destroyed a good on trying to size water dropped 45 ACP bullets.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shooternz View Post
    Luck you my RCBS Lube A Matic died last Thursday the thread for the die lock nut stripped,
    . Robert.

My RCBS did the same thing. I finally got it to work by grinding down my .452 size die a little shorter. With the slightly shortened die the nut was able to grab enough threads and stay put. I'm considering spot welding the nut in place and using it exclusively for 45. RCBS told me the nut is no longer available. Even if I did find another the female threads are pretty well gone as well.

RCBS could easily make an over size, self tapping cap to remedy the problem. If anybody recalls working on the Quadrajet carburetors with the filter inside the carb housing. The threads were easily stripped. After-market parts manufactures were quick to make a self tapping over size replacement.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    The standard acclamation seems to have been skipped,,,,,

You suck!

Man, I just love seeing little time capsules like that passed on!

You really need to post the mould numbers. Yes, you really do,,,,,,,that way we can all speculate what guns the original buyer meant them for,,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post

You really need to post the mould numbers. Yes, you really do,,,,,,,that way we can all speculate what guns the original buyer meant them for,,,,,
    Lyman 311291 and an Ideal 323 366

Boolit Buddy
    [QUOTE=azrednek;2463432]My RCBS did the same thing. I finally got it to work by grinding down my .452 size die a little shorter. With the slightly shortened die the nut was able to grab enough threads and stay put. I'm considering spot welding the nut in place and using it exclusively for 45. RCBS told me the nut is no longer available. Even if I did find another the female threads are pretty well gone as well.

I have been thinking about doing the same, Another fix might be 2 or 3 set screws through the body to hold the nut. Robert.

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=Shooternz;2464730]
    Quote Originally Posted by azrednek View Post

I have been thinking about doing the same, Another fix might be 2 or 3 set screws through the body to hold the nut. Robert.
    Robert THANK YOU!! Sometimes the simplest method is over looked. Don't know why I didn't think of that especially with it being such a simple solution. I really appreciate you chiming into this thread.

Well, you're a very lucky man - first a gift then a possible solution to keep the RCBS going.

Double win.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Great catch, good luck and good casting
    Slow Elk 45/70

Praise the Lord & Pass the Ammo

Boolit Master

Anyone want to send me a present?
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Mold
    holy ****! you are lucky man.

Boolit Man
    That is nice.
    Bill

Boolit Master
    azrednek, you must be one heck of nice guy... And lucky too.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789