Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: DMSO for joint pain

DMSO for joint pain

My FIL turned me on to this and it has worked for my knees and wrist. Anyone else tried it?

Its an industrial chem so of no interest to the drug companies. A few drops rubbed into the joint and pain goes away. Working partner was griping about his knee gave him some and he said it was better in a hour. Ibuprophen doesn't come close.

Used in eastern europe for arthritus.
    I'm just the welder, go ask him>

Boolit Grand Master
    Be careful with it, it does an excellent job of letting almost anything on your skin get absorbed into the bloodstream.

Boolit Master

DMSO was huge some 20 years ago. And btroj is correct...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcove View Post
    My FIL turned me on to this and it has worked for my knees and wrist. Anyone else tried it?

Its an industrial chem so of no interest to the drug companies. A few drops rubbed into the joint and pain goes away. Working partner was griping about his knee gave him some and he said it was better in a hour. Ibuprophen doesn't come close.

Used in eastern europe for arthritus.
    It used to be used here quite a bit, but know just for horses, I have kept a bottle on hand for years, that and Bigeloil,which is also for animals, you can buy both in you local feed store. Sprink

From Btroj's post

Aware of that but, NO MORE PAIN!

Also, After useing it a few times the effect seems to continue for a long time. Weeks.
    I'm just the welder, go ask him>

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
    DMSO was huge some 20 years ago. And btroj is correct...
    Don't know about this, but Baja_Traveler is correct. Big stuff back then. It was originally used by vets for horses as a linoment(sp?). I think it is also used in the flea treatment for dogs. I noticed my dog licking his lips after I put "Advantage" on him. I accidentally got some on me during one application which produced a copper-metallic taste in my mouth. I had friends' that used it during the early '80s & that's how they described it. Penetrates the skin and gets into your system almost instantly. Have no clue as to the safety issues.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Here in AZ it was said that DMSO stood for "damn mexicans selling oranges". They usually sold it roadside in the rural areas approaching the big city by peddlers also selling citrus. . It was a race horse thing that someone accidently or otherwise applied to human joint pain. It is effective but beware of using too much or not correctly.
    BTW, my old gramma that lived till 91 swore by WD-40 on her arthritis pain. You could smell her coming two rooms away,haha.
    "Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him, he ain't wrong he's just different and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right"
    Ed Bruce

Boolit Master
    Been trying this for the last six months:

amazingmolecules.com

It's not an industrial solvent it's actually native to all warm blooded animals.

And it works! You may not get relief with a deep pain but this stuff is not just for topical treatments ....... you get the most benefit from drinking it and using it topically.

Find a dealer in your area and have a look!

Three 44s

Boolit Buddy
    Web MD has a rundown on DMSO, including side effects

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I prefer Bigeloil. Too many down sides to DMSO.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

All I know is what I learned whilst I had a lady living with me who was a horse trainer, some 25+ years ago. She used DMSO on horses, but always took great precautions not to get any on herself. She said that in another barn she had worked in the trainers were not so careful, and one had had a severe allergic reaction. Legend had it from others around her barn that a trainer had actually died from an overdose of the stuff, but that was only rumor. So as far as I'm concerned, it's like the old song: "Cocaine's for horses, it's not for men, doctor says it'll kill me but he won't say when".
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

I have used it for years,no side affects that I know of.