Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionPBcastco
WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The ULTIMATE 357 Max!

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    It has been awhile since I have been to the website, I keep remembering a 10ga. H&R in the back of the closet that needs to go to Oklahoma,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Very nice! Thanks for the site link. I am going to toss some of that nice wood on my tc.
    High Hook

Nice gun. I wouldn't want to carry it around though. My Handi doesn't kick enough to notice and has a reasonable barrel length, and nice weight to boot. Custom stocks was what it needed. 200grs mountain molds boolit, 1680 or 300MP loads, no use for lighter loads. Ug! Kickum' harse!
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Master

Hmmm.............that shooting bench and landscape look awful familiar. It looks awful close to where I sent my handi for reaming to .357 Max, a barrel bob and trigger job.

I can't make a good cast bullet hunting load for it, but a 180 gr. Hornady HP is deadly on the little whitetails around here. I will be back in the country next week and head directly to AR for opening day of deer season. The Handi delivered venison for my whole tribe last year. With cast bullets in .38 cases, I am teaching some 8 and 10 year old grandkids the safe handling of firearms and the joys of shooting.

Mr. White, ya dun good!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    Hmmm.............that shooting bench and landscape look awful familiar. It looks awful close to where I sent my handi for reaming to .357 Max, a barrel bob and trigger job.

Mr. White, ya dun good!
    Thank you jaysouth, I appreciate it! Yep, same place....

Boolit Master

RE: Assassin

What do you recommend for optimum OAL for the Handi that you chambered in .357 Max? I am determined to make a cast bullet shoot accurately in it.

Thanks

Boolit Buddy
    RE: jaysouth

Unless you sent a dummy round with a couple of extra cast bullets, the "throat" in that chamber was not set up specifically for cast bullets or best cast bullet accuracy. The throat that I cut, unless specified differently, is for 180 gr. and lighter jacketed bullets...

If at some point you want your barrel re-throated for cast bullets, send me your barrel with a dummy round, with the heaviest bullet you will be using, seated to your preferred seating depth and I will throat accordingly...

Other than return shipping, the will be no charge for the work....

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ASSASSIN View Post
    RE: jaysouth

Unless you sent a dummy round with a couple of extra cast bullets, the "throat" in that chamber was not set up specifically for cast bullets or best cast bullet accuracy. The throat that I cut, unless specified differently, is for 180 gr. and lighter jacketed bullets...

If at some point you want your barrel re-throated for cast bullets, send me your barrel with a dummy round, with the heaviest bullet you will be using, seated to your preferred seating depth and I will throat accordingly...

Other than return shipping, the will be no charge for the work....
    Mighty generous offer there. Let me experiment some more with what I have. Maybe I should do an impact mold of the chamber and throat.

Thanks for the offer.

What's it weigh?
    I'm just the welder, go ask him>

I wonder if the above rifle will outshoot this MGM 357 Rem Maximum TC rig?

17-inch MGM bull bbl x 16/17 twist, Bellm lede etc, 5 lbs. red dot, recently assembled OAL 27-inches.
    Last edited by BobBill; 05-04-2019 at 04:37 PM. Reason: spelling.image upload

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BobBill View Post
    I wonder if the above rifle will outshoot this MGM 357 Rem Maximum TC rig?

17-inch MGM bull bbl x 16/17 twist, Bellm lede etc, 5 lbs. red dot, recently assembled OAL 27-inches.
    Probably so!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by ASSASSIN View Post
    Artful,

I load SPEER's 180 gr. Hot Cor bullets in my 357 Maximum...

Do you or anyone else know where we can get Remington's 158 JSP bullets? This is one of my favorite "light weight" bullets for the Max. and the guy I built this gun for, is looking for the same bullet....
    Here you go, just found this website today. https://www.precisionreloading.com/c...!l=RM&i=B23560

Boolit Grand Master
    Whitneymr - Welcome to the site. Pretty classy way to have a first post. Way to go. Linger around, I think you will enjoy castboolits.

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you Whitneymr!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12