Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: my rabbit gun

Perm-Banned

my rabbit gun

i caught west nile last july with many complications including a suprise surgery. well im trying to get back to walking like i used to. a few miles from here is a thousand acres of creek bottom land with a lot of brown bunnies in it woods. well today i put a taller front sight on my smallest muzzle loader to resight it in from 100 yards to 25 yards. the bunnies usually stop and feel safe at 25 yards. i sighted it in with black powder 60 grains behind a swaged 360 grain bullet and to my surprise when i used 60 grains of rs pyrodox it shot in the same 1/2 inch area. i also found out that that alox lube shot consistant groups and a lighter lube, thompson bore butter, shot occasional fliers. the bullet has a kieth nose and is .440 in diam. i knarl them up to .448 and start them with a starter. this batch was 20/1 lead but usually i shoot pure lead in it. they both start easy and shoot the same. this gun only has a 26 inch barrel and is easy to carry. it has shot 5 deer and one was 150 yards and it went down like a rock. it is now my phyical therapy rabbit gun. i thank god im alive and starting to do some of the things i used to do includeing walking alot with a muzzle loader in my hands.

Man you got me going. I really do want to get a faster twist .36 that I can paper patch for.

Boolit Master

WOW!! Those must be some BIG bunnies, if you need a .44 cal to kill them! Do you carry a backup, in case a wounded one charges??!? Be careful out there!