Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: MiHec 41cal, 265gr Trueshot Clone brass two or four cavity HP or Solid, PB or GC

Boolit Buddy

I hate to say it but I'd like to change mine too, please make my gas check mold a 2 cavity with HP and all pin options.

Boolit Master
    Well I guess I want to change mine as well to a 2 cavity Cramer PB with all the pins. (#7 on the 2 cavity solid list.)

Boolit Bub
    Please sign me up for a
    2 cavity GC Hollow Point with small, large and solid pins
    mausernuts at yahoo dot com
    Last edited by superdan; 08-03-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Banned

Going to have to drop out of this one mrbill, sorry

Boolit Master
    I would like to sign up for this mold.

4 cavity crammer G C with all pins. Thanks CLAYPOOL

Boolit Buddy
    please remove me from the group buy.

Boolit Grand Master

Looks like MiHa better get to gettin or he's gonna continue to lose business on these long awaited molds.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    Looks like MiHa better get to gettin or he's gonna continue to lose business on these long awaited molds.
    There's a number of group buys that could be said of. I count 19 group buys that have been going on longer than this one with no sign of closing yet.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --BattleRife

Boolit Buddy

This one is a baby, not even a year yet. Two of the others I've been waiting on are over 2 years.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyOnThePaper View Post
    This one is a baby, not even a year yet. Two of the others I've been waiting on are over 2 years.
    While I realize that, in today's age of CNC machining and advancements, what takes so long. I can think of 2 other high quality makers that take considerably less time from start to finish. Is it materials, done by hand, etc?????

Boolit Buddy

The last progress on the cruise missile was over a year ago, he posted a pic of a toasted cherry. Since then the 312440 got done along with a couple of pistol molds, so I'm not sure what to think.

Boolit Grand Master

If ya want off the shelf inventory, it's available for less money. If ya want custom made brass works of art, ya better have lots of patents.
    These custom mould builders are victims of their quality and workmanship.

As I sit here admiring the many works of art I have received from him I sit patiently awaiting this one as I did the others. The man makes a lot of molds and unless you are in every group buy it might not seem that way. I am of the old school of quality over rush rush got to have it now and hate to see America has become the home of the "I want it now" mentality not willing to wait for a quality product. Part of the reason the Chinese product is everywhere.

Boolit Buddy

I hear you on the quality, but by comparison ACE's steel mould are right there in quality, to date I think no hollow point option, might be wrong about that, and NOE is right there also in aluminum. The fact remains that there are a huge number of these buys that said words to the effect of will run or add to schedule when we get 15 orders and in the admittedly short time I've been here I've NEVER seen it done that way. Swede recently revamped his system because waits were getting behind a few months. In this case we are talking YEARS. Some of the older guys might not live to see these works of art. To me the frustration isn't really the wait as much as the fact that we have NOTHING for a timeline.

On a more positive note, at least with these you know without question you will end up with a quality product, which is more than can be said for a recent 7mm mould group buy that was re-done and still not right in most cases and not finished to the quality expected from a custom manufacturer in the rest.
    I also am aware that Accurate Moulds will pop out nearly anything you want over .30 cal in 2 or 3 weeks.

All that aside, this buy is still a baby, most run around 15 months it seems and this isn't even at the year mark. The ones that are WELL over the two year mark are a bit aggravating. You never have any idea when you will win the mould lottery...

I guess it seems to be a constant win for me since I have been part of so many I have a hard time making sure the $ is there. I even sign up for calibers I don't own and then work on getting something to shoot them in LOL. I think I need therapy.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by gtgeorge View Post
    I even sign up for calibers I don't own and then work on getting something to shoot them in LOL. I think I need therapy.
    I kinda did that on another buy recently, was for a 44 mould, only .44 mag I own presently is a contender because that happened to be the barrel that came with it. Now that my part of Michigan can use straight walled pistol cartridges in rifles for deer I may have to start looking for a Marlin or something. I definitely get a bit out of hand from time to time, you are not alone!

Randy

Boolit Buddy
    cancelled my order, purchased another mold
    Last edited by wdr2; 08-23-2014 at 12:58 PM. Reason: purchased another mold
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Idaho

Boolit Grand Master

. Some of the older guys might not live to see these works of art.
    Funny you should mention that. My father passed May 2013.....right after he signed up for the Ruger only GB. I took it over and am still waiting patiently.

Boolit Buddy

I'm really sorry to hear that man. That's definitely not something I'm looking forward to.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm really sorry to hear that man. That's definitely not something I'm looking forward to.
    It is what it is, but your comment was spot on. I kinda chuckled to myself because I'm sure you wrote it in jest, but how true it is! It's gonna be a treasured mold for sure. I'm definitely patiently (kinda) waiting for it to be done and is the one I am anticipating the most. Dad's still here in spirit. We talk every time we get a chance when I'm casting, shooting, hunting, etc.

Some people fear loneliness. I appreciate solitude.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast