Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why does it always come down to TSHTF and/or Zombies?

Boolit Buddy

From Florida originally, but these days it's wherever my RV is parked
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    4 minutes to load the magazine and 12 seconds to unload it? Not really that practical.
    Home is where the RV is...

"assassinating a leader is morally justified when people have suffered under a tyrant for an extended period of time and has exhausted all legal and peaceful means to overthrow that leader" -- Abraham Lincoln
    Kind of ironic, don't ya' think?

Quote Originally Posted by NSP64 View Post
    usable if you have ammo. LOL
    I have ammo for mine. I think things may be getting better for 22lr ammo. My brother found some at the LGS Wednesday I found/bought some yesterday and my wife just called and told me she just bought me 6 boxes of CCI Stingers. I had a few bricks stashed already so I'm setting pretty well on 22Lr ammo right now.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JakeBlanton View Post
    4 minutes to load the magazine and 12 seconds to unload it? Not really that practical.
    That's life with those magazines. I learned in 1969 that there's no fast way to load ten thirty-round magazines for an M3A1 submachine gun., even with that nifty 'loader' that's built onto the wire stock.

dale in Louisiana

In Remembrance
    I liked the line that claimed it would be great for hunting and plinking. lol I would rather have a single shot.lol
    I also liked the prices, back in their day you would have had to have been pretty well heeled to even get the glint in your eye. lol

Boolit Master

You can keep your 44-40's and .45 Colts for close in last ditch fighting. I prefer my Sig Sauer SP 2022 in 9mm. With 17 round magazines and my stash of 3,000 rounds which can be replaced pretty quick with my Dillon XL 650 Press I am pretty much set for any scenario. I can put out more rounds, more accurately and with less weight than any of the big bore stuff.

I have two .44 Special revolvers, a .45 ACP 1911, 357 Revolver, 9mm Revolver, .38 Revolver, three 9mm Pistols and a bunch of rifles and shotguns. There is much too much to be lugging around so I will be making my last stand in the Barrio of Las Vegas surrounded by my illegal immigrant friends who are also well armed as many of them are in the drug business.

With COPD, Asthma, high blood pressure and being 80 lbs overweight I can not get around the way I used to so I am a mean fighting machine. So along with my attack trained Chihuahua/Dauschund "Sgt. Rambo" and my bird predator cat "Boy George" and my ninja companion the red blooded Indian MaryJane Whiteturkey we will make short work of any invaders foolish enough to try to invade our seniors only tin trailer encampment.

Now when is that social security check coming in?
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeBlanton View Post
    Practical? I was unaware that "practical" was on the parameters list. But, I can't help but feel that it's the penultimate zombie battle rifle .(except it needs a MN M44 bayonet system)

As far as the ammo, the joker that comes up with a 100% reliable set up to mexican match FMJ onto 22LR, will be set for ultra lightweight plus good penetration of the zombified brain matter,,,,

You could just buy an upper and magazine for the AR:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...20-round-drum/
    Last edited by Hamish; 10-26-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Grand Master
    Practical and zombie defense don't belong together. If, or rather when, I am attacked by zombies I prefer the least practical, most awesome, weapon I can find.

Come on guys, these are zombies. Do you really think a century old revolver is going to work?

Love Life
    Daggone right a century year old revolver would work. Easy reloads, cool looking, great for pistol whipping, etc.

Ya'll can get all tacticool if you want, but I'm fighting Zombies Wyatt Earp style!

Boolit Grand Master
    That only works on 19th century zombies.

Modern, 21 st century zombies, require far more than a 44 cal lead slug. These things need major league killing, portable artillery type stuff.

You want to just piss them off then go for it, I plan to kill them. Nothing less than a 44 mag for me.

Love Life
    44-40 with the holy black for me. After I shoot 5 of them, I can hide in the smoke.

Boolit Grand Master
    Is that tactical smoke or LRP smoke?

Love Life
    Tactical because it provides concealment.

Boolit Grand Master

Do you really think a BP cartridge can kill that?

Love Life
    If I shoot it close enough it might even catch it on fire!

Banned

great now we got zombies, sasquatch, and a "flaming" [umm literally it's a mascot] cat err,, kitty.
    you might wanna get a gatling gun in 44-40.

That claymore looks pretty good Love Life. Got any extras? I think I'll just get s couple of gators and spread them around and go watch the game.

Love Life
    I just hope the zombie apocalypse doesn't happen right in the middle of a game of Edward 40 hands.

Boolit Grand Master
    Not familiar with that game, must be a military camp kind of thing..........

Love Life
    It's where you duct tape a 40 oz beer in each hand and they can't be removed until empty. Wear sweat pants and leave a pinky free to hold your smoke.

Boolit Grand Master
    Sounds fun except I don't smoke.

What would you guys use on a Zombie Godzilla?