Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Any other full auto airgun enthusiasts here?

Boolit Buddy

Any other full auto airgun enthusiasts here?

I've had my Baikal Drozd MP661K for years... been a lot of fun. It's got the 1200rpm mod and I converted one of the mags to use bulk CO2. Also dyed it flat dark earth. Otherwise it's stock.

That's it on the bottom here:

Boolit Master
    I've been thinking about a drozd. I like full auto in general, and it sure would be cheaper to shoot...

Tell me a little more about the bulk CO2 mod if you can.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Buddy
    You take some parts out of the bottom of the magazine where the small CO2 went in, and an adapter screws in there that has a quick connect and a coiled hose that goes to a paintball tank. I don't recall where I got the adapter though.

The newer Drozd Blackbird already is setup to use large CO2 canisters, and it has a 300rd magazine. I'm not sure if it can be made to run full auto though, they all come from the factory running 6 round burst I think. I soldered a chip in mine to convert it.

Boolit Master
    Oh no...Why did you have to show me that? Damn, that looks like to much fun for the backyard. There is a fellow on the youtube that converted one to full auto(blackbird), with the capability to go up to 2000rpm in 200 rpm increments. He had a long 24 inch barrel on it.

Boolit Master
    There are online plans for a simple full auto BB gun that uses any sort of compressed air tank. Videos show the inventor cutting a 55 gallon drum in half with a long burst.
    The mechanism is rotary with the air providing all motivation.

With air tank slung on the back it looks like a flame thrower.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Multigunner View Post
    There are online plans for a simple full auto BB gun that uses any sort of compressed air tank. Videos show the inventor cutting a 55 gallon drum in half with a long burst.
    The mechanism is rotary with the air providing all motivation.

With air tank slung on the back it looks like a flame thrower.
    That sounds awesome.

I always wanted to try building one but I've never had the time.

This one is good at shredding bottle and CD's and soda cans, but it's only pushing a steel BB to about 500fps.

I've seen some crazy Blackbirds modded with extended barrels and HPA conversions that were pretty powerful though. I saw one that would saw 5/8" plywood in half.

I wish I wouldn't have posted this now either... I'm getting the bug again to buy a blackbird and mod it.

Boolit Master
    About a decade ago, I built a siphon type full auto air gun (I would bet the one that cut the drum in half used this principle) but I built it for #6 lead shot. At the time, I could buy lead shot for $12.50 a bag, and it was a lot cheaper than shooting BB's. When you fired it, it looked like a literal stream of lead between the end of the barrel and the target.

I ended up selling it to a guy locally who just had to have it, and I haven't had the time to build another one.

I think when I have some spare cash laying around again, I'll have to get one of the blackbirds.

Unfortunately the contract I was working on was modified earlier this year. I'm doing less work, but my gross pay was cut in half, so I have less discretionary money for toys.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

There used to be full auto BB guns sold via magazine ads. They utilized a 1 lb disposable Freon cans. Believed they utilized a siphon or drop tube with a large centrifugal chamber. The BB's got dropped in the chamber and the air pressure spun them around until they happened to line up with a barrel at the top of the chamber. They would then be shot out. Not sure about velocity or rate of fire. People have modified these to use CO2 or compressed air.
    Silver Eagle

TANSTAAFL
    There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    - Robert A. Heinlein from "The moon is a harsh mistress"

Boolit Master
    There are compressed air conversions for the M-16 class of rifles. These fire .22 caliber lead balls at a fairly high velocity. All controls of the rifle work as normal, so these have burst fire or full auto according the type of lower used. I think these are only available to the military for training purposes.

Boolit Master
    Oh great, another toy that I "need". Maybe I can tell the wife it's for the kids, hey it IS a BB gun.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

ADMIN

Boolit Buddy

This is a pretty good demo of what these will do.

I just saw they sell a full metal Mini Uzi CO2 powered bb gun that easily converts to full auto... that might be my next purchase. It's got a blowback system and everything.