RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline Fabrication
WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MP Molds Group Buy Progress Tracker

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleRife View Post
    After a couple of days of commenting it seems there is some interest, but neither overwhelming enthusiasm for it nor real clarity on just what the goals of such a tracker would be. So I won't put much more work into it. Rather I will edit the first post to include the full scope of what I have done so far, and I will try to update it from time to time. As the months and years go by we will see if it offers any benefit.
    If I had seen this a few weeks ago it would have saved me bunches of time spent reviewing the Active Group Buys and the Closed Buys-Waiting forums, just to determine which of the threads were for molds that I am interested in and then which are in progress and which might be recently closed and nearing ready. As it is, I've managed to kludge things together with PM's to Miha, reviewing his site and then scouring the forums here - but it would have been vastly more efficient with an up-to-date listing such as the one you posted.

I seem to recall an out-of-date thread in which there was an attempt made to catalogue the various Group Buys and the stage each was in, but I cannot find it right now.

In any case, I like the concept and hope it remains up-to-date. It would save a newbie, such as myself, loads of time in coming up-to-speed. Probably not as valuable for someone who has been active here a while and is already following things, but that was not my case.

FWIW

- Dan

Boolit Buddy
    Spreadsheet updated for November. I went back to the origins for every buy I could find that has closed in 2013. This has added a number of finished buys to the list. I have also included a current mould tally for all buys, not just the closed ones. Current active buys is 34.
    Last edited by BattleRife; 11-02-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --BattleRife

Boolit Master

Thanks for the .pdf, I still do not see a pattern yet.
    As he is across the pond we might not ever know.
    With all the molds going on I dont see how he gets time to eat.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Master
    I can see problems developing if we start telling Miha how to run his business. He sure seems to make a lot of very nice molds and want to take the chance of upsetting one of our two best mold suppliers. Has he asked for our help? If not I don't think we should go there.

Nighthunter

Boolit Master
    I don't think anyone is trying to tell Miha how to run his business. Its more us studying his business practices in search of any paterns. Its for our own consumption more then his.

Boolit Buddy
    Here's a fun game to play:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013 Production.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	86165

There are currently 874 moulds ordered and awaiting delivery. This suggests that if every group buy closed right now and no more were opened, Miha could finish all the group buys in about 10 months.
    --BattleRife

Boolit Buddy
    Spreadsheet updated, current to December 1. I added some more counts of various things.
    --BattleRife

Boolit Buddy
    Are any patterns developing with the 305 gr 44 Mag/444 Marlin closing factored in?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MTtimberline View Post
    Are any patterns developing with the 305 gr 44 Mag/444 Marlin closing factored in?
    Yep it will be the 6th Mihec mold I have gotten In the last 45 days!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MTtimberline View Post
    If anything, I think it demonstrates how random the buy process is. A mainstream design with 200 orders goes 2 years while a limited purpose design with 30 orders (a number that was still growing steadily, BTW) is closed in 33 days? Clearly, the production schedule is not set by any pre-determined time scale, or mould popularity. It probably has to do with what tooling and/or materials are on hand in the MP shop, and those are factors that anybody outside of that shop cannot hope to know.
    --BattleRife

Boolit Buddy
    Another revision. Added a buy that silverjay pointed out was missing, and fixed an erroneus mould counting formula.
    --BattleRife

Boolit Buddy
    #17 on the list - 41 Long Colt: mold count should be 29, not 24. Some people ordered more than one.

Boolit Buddy
    Okay, I will address that with the next update. I suspect a number of the buys have similar errors, as the only convenient way for me to do counts is to count the number of lines of orders. Some honchos put multi orders on one line, or leave blank lines when someone drops out. With 3 dozen group buys to keep updated, I am typically not going to take the time required to decipher exactly many moulds are represented on 24 lines, I just state 24 orders and move on...
    --BattleRife

Boolit Buddy

None of this can be exact by just using the data on the forum. I know that I was able to pickup mutile molds from older group buys that were in his stock. A close approximation is the best we can hope for (that and our molds to be made next).

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleRife View Post
    ... I am typically not going to take the time required to decipher exactly many moulds are represented on 24 lines...
    Got it.

Boolit Buddy
    Happy New Year!! January 1, 2014 update.
    --BattleRife

Boolit Master

Looks like he did 12 GB's last year, about 1 a month. Some months none, a couple had 2. If I was a betting man I would bet he is going to do the 452374 GB, as it has 152 takers, more than anything else, plus it closed in November.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    Looks like he did 12 GB's last year, about 1 a month. Some months none, a couple had 2.
    18 group buys were finished in 2013, four in November alone. There are 12 on the first page of the spreadsheet, 6 on the second. I hope everyone can see the second page?
    --BattleRife

Boolit Buddy
    It's interesting but we still have no way to know when any given GB might be closed. It's just one of life's little mysteries.

Boolit Master

I did not see the 2nd page before, thanks for pointing that out. Still bet the 452374 is next, though. I am not it on that one, would like the 45-70 hollow base to be next if I was asked

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast