Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MP Molds Group Buy Progress Tracker

Boolit Buddy

MP Molds Group Buy Progress Tracker

Spreadsheet updated May 7, 2016:

MPMolds tracker_May2016.pdf

************************************************** *****************************************
    Original post starts here:

As there is obvious demand for some kind of method to know the status of the many group buys that are sourced through Miha at MP Molds, I have spent some time going through the active buys and have built a simple tracking spreadsheet. It utilizes dates of a few key milestones in the progress of a group buy to give everyone an idea, at a glance, of where the buy is. It looks like this:

<REMOVED>
    Last edited by BattleRife; 05-07-2016 at 02:41 AM. Reason: May Update
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --BattleRife

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    I hate to say it, but it just looks like extraneous paperwork. Miha decides what gets cut, and when, and he don't axe nobody for advice on it.

Besides, you're just better off forgetting about the buy after you post what you want. No sense worrying over how long it's been, you can't affect the outcome.

But then, that's just my view as a Buyer, it may be very valuable for other folks.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

Good things come to those wait for the good stuff.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Banned

Yes, Miha decides when a buy is to be closed. The honchos just keep track of the orders until he says "close it".

Boolit Master
    As a honcho for a few GBs now, there's little rhyme or reason to the order he selects GBs to run. I have a few suspicions of things that influence his choices but its just suspicions and nothing that would make any difference in a spreadsheet. I wish we had enough info to make this kind of spreadsheet work but we just don't. I suggest if you're interested in it, keep the spreadsheet up to date for yourself anyway and let us know if you see any paterns or trends in the way Miha does things. It would be helpful if you figured something out.

I like the idea of listing all the group buys in one place. If you've missed one you're interested in it may generate some interest. As others have said the closing times are all different so it can't give any info as to when the moulds will go into production.
    Seems an OK idea to me.

Boolit Buddy

Even if it doesn't' help us figure out when GB's will run, I think that it's nice to see. It would be great if a pattern would emerge.

Boolit Grand Master

That 23 month, 201 mold group buy throws away any chance of a pattern.

Boolit Master
    It does make one scratch their head and wonder.

I'd like to see a comprehensive spreadsheet like this with all the current group buys by all makers complete with links to the sign-up threads and a profile picture of the boolit. A one-stop-shop for the active gb section. Man would that be a help.

Boolit Master

You might want to look at some more of the recent closed and delivered group buys like the 308 Hunting Boolit and the 462 Hammer
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    Putting a list of all Miha's group buys into one place could be handy.

Perhaps Miha will notice and make comments or corrections????? Comments or corrections would be quicker for him then making up and maintaining an entire list of working buys. Who knows, it might lead to something.....

ward
    "To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." —Theodore Roosevelt"

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    I've noticed a pattern myself, but I deal with him more than most here........... and I can't second guess whats going to happen either. A list would be nice, but please put it chronological opening date order.......

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak1 View Post
    Even if it doesn't' help us figure out when GB's will run, I think that it's nice to see. It would be great if a pattern would emerge.
    I agree. I never expected that this would allow us to predict exactly in what order moulds would be made, but it should help us get a handle on his true capacity and thus let us make better predictions of how long the typical order will take to run. There will always be outliers like the 200 moulds that took 23 months, but I'm sure the average run lies much closer than that to the mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo
    I'd like to see a comprehensive spreadsheet like this with all the current group buys by all makers complete with links to the sign-up threads and a profile picture of the boolit. A one-stop-shop for the active gb section. Man would that be a help.
    Sounds great, though obviously a lot of work to get started. More pointedly, I'm not sure that this board would support it. I can't even figure out how to embed a table, I can only take a "photo" of my spreadsheet and insert it as a picture. Live links would require the former. The only way I know how to do that would be the way NOE does it, by hosting a table on a different website that linked to threads on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by 45 2.1 View Post
    I've noticed a pattern myself, but I deal with him more than most here.....
    You can say that again. The first thing that immediately became apparent when compiling this is the overwhelming contribution 45 2.1 makes to honchoing these buys. He honchos more buys through Miha than everyone else put together, by far.

After a couple of days of commenting it seems there is some interest, but neither overwhelming enthusiasm for it nor real clarity on just what the goals of such a tracker would be. So I won't put much more work into it. Rather I will edit the first post to include the full scope of what I have done so far, and I will try to update it from time to time. As the months and years go by we will see if it offers any benefit.
    --BattleRife

#5 was honcho'd by HenryC460
    #34 was opened on June 26, 2012
    The 22 Nato, 30 Sil, 455 Webley HB and 308 Hunting Boolit are missing (probably some others also)
    Some of those listed have been reran several times (the 9mm HP and the 22 Nato come to mind there)
    I can help with some of these if you wish.
    Last edited by 45 2.1; 10-16-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 45 2.1 View Post
    #5 was honcho'd by HenryC460
    #34 was opened on June 26, 2012
    The 22 Nato, 30 Sil, 455 Webley HB and 308 Hunting Boolit are missing (probably some others also)
    Some of those listed have been reran several times (the 9mm HP and the 22 Nato come to mind there)
    I can help with some of these if you wish.
    Any input is appreciated. I made the changes to reflect your corrections. For the others, aren't those "missing" runs long since completed? My intent wasn't to be comprehensive with the old runs, I included a couple of the most recently finished ones just to show a sample or two with all the columns full.
    --BattleRife

Boolit Buddy

The new jpg of the xls isn't as easy to read as the old one. Any reason you don't share the raw .xls file? I like the idea of a place to go to see of the current and recently completed MP Mold GB's. Miha normally has extras of recently completed GB's thus it will show people what might be available.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm still trying to figure out these embedded attachments, but I don't believe the board supports the insertion of .xls files. I tried linking in a .pdf, and for some reason it forced my .jpg to a reduced size, making it almost useless. Given the small size of the pdf files it may be best just to use the pdf, which does mean it has to be clicked on to open for viewing.
    --BattleRife

Boolit Buddy

I would be fine clicking on a PDF, it will open in a new tab based on how the board is setup.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleRife View Post
    For the others, aren't those "missing" runs long since completed? My intent wasn't to be comprehensive with the old runs, I included a couple of the most recently finished ones just to show a sample or two with all the columns full.
    A thought... if one sees a trend, it's going to be with long completed GBs showing what happened when and in what order.

Boolit Master

Agree
    Being human is not for sissies.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast