Lee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Bolt on stripper clip guides?

Boolit Master

Bolt on stripper clip guides?

Does anyone know what company made bolt on stripper clip guides that would allow commercial bolt action rifles to be fed with stripper clips? It was a milled piece of steel that screwed on the rear receiver bridge via the scope base mounting holes. The idea was to be able to assemble a Highpower Match rifle using a commercial sporter. I recall these were somewhat popular back in the 70s/80s. I want to say the company was Mo's (or Moe's?) but I can't remember for sure.

My father in law has one on a Savage .223, but I don't see any markings. I also seem to recall Champion's Choice selling such an item years ago, but I don't see it now.

Boolit Grand Master
    I remember seeing pictures of the piece you are asking about, but not who made them. The ones I recall were made for the Winchester Model 70, so I think they were more common a few decades earlier than your estimate.

You might go to one of the websites that deals mainly with target shooting for info. IF you just want one for your own use, I don't think it would be all that hard to file one out of a block of steel.

Robert

Boolit Grand Master

Champion's Choice was where I used to get them. With ARs taking over the high power matches the last 20 years bolt guns and the need for stripper clip fed reloads has diminished so they are probably no longer available. I made several for M70s, M700s and a couple Savages. What rifle do you want one for?

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master

I don't even have the rifle yet, so I don't know. I want to put together a .223 bolt rifle for NRA Highpower, probably not until next year. I guess I'll see what turns up on the used racks in the LGS's. I always hankered for a Model 700, but like I said I'll have to see what turns up.

Boolit Grand Master

Let me know and we'll see what we can do.

Larry Gibson

Very old thread, but what the heck...

The "Mo's" you referred to is likely Mo Defina. He has a shop in Danbury, CT.

Boolit Master
    Not all of the Win M70's had the slots milled out for the stripper clip guides. All of the match rifles I've had over the years did. Basically all it was is a rectangular pice of metal that was held in place by the two screw holes in the rear receiver ring. And had the slots milled in it. Still have a post '64 and it has the slots milled on the rear receiver ring. Came with a Redfield International rear target sight,adaptor plate,scope blocks and a Redfield International globe front sight. Might take the Palma sight off My H&R model 12 22rf match rifle and try it on the old winnie. since it has scope blocks I have a Redfield 3200 20x to play with.Frank