I just got back from the range with a random assortment of rifles. One of which was my Mauser Mark X in 35Brown Whelen. Yesterday I loaded up a few rounds with 54g and 56g of AA3100, on top a a Wolf Large Rifle Primer and under the 230g 360 Thor boolit. Boolits were lubed with what I think may be my last bit of LBT Blue, sized at .360" and checked with Hornaday gas checks.

After getting the gun sighted in (targets at 25/50 and 100 yards were used and cussed at) I managed to get two 3 shot groups for the record at 100 +yards.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whelen 1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	84146Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whelen 2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	84147

Both targets were shot from sandbags at 100+yards using a 1.5 x 7 Burris Scope. A small correction to the right was made after the first target was shot.

Both primers and carbon deposits on the case necks indicate that this is a fairly mild load but it is more then a good start.

However the rounds, as I loaded them, will not feed. Only the first round into the mag (on the right side) will feed and silly me I only tested that. I do wonder if the bullets may need to be loaded shorter? I'll give that a try soon and see what happens. I loaded them fairly long because this rifle was throated for (AIR) a 250g Speer Spitzer seated as long as it would go and still fill and feed from the mag.

*At this range the 100 yard benches are about 8-10 yards behind the 100yard High Power line.