• ABOUT THE SAME

102 24.46%
  • DO NOT KNOW

4 0.96%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Powder and Primers on hand

What shoots a 17.5 grain boolit
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    The math works out to 80k rounds w/ a 17.5 grain bullet over a 6.125 grain charge
    The Bird of Time has but a little way
    To fly-and Lo! the bird is on the wing

Boolit Mold
    I have more because I am shooting less, buy when available, and I buy mail order while minimalizing the Hazmat fee.

Boolit Master
    As was stated on another board, you NEVER have too much ammunition, until your house is on fire.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Driver man View Post
    What shoots a 17.5 grain boolit
    Nothing, that number was based off what components he had on hand.

The bank wants to pay me .00000000034% on my CD's...powder and primers go up in cost/value every time I walk by what measly stocks are on the shelves...so I justify what I do by saying it's a good investment...I think I have 100 primers and 1/2# of powder...the rest was lost to that same tragic boating accident many suffered along with my guns and my factory ammo...Have the one Mosin and 12 pieces of brass left so guess I'm ok.

Boolit Master

17cal bullets are 17 gr---but I would NOT want to cast or reload them!!!

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

Boolit Buddy
    Just think! 411 to a pound!

Dave C.
    Last edited by Dave C.; 12-04-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    Distinguished, Master,2600 club, President 100 badge holder.

less than 100 primers and 0 powder.
    Nelson

Boolit Master
    I bought a little each paycheck leading up to the last election and afterwards. I figured the Democrats were looking for an excuse to attack the 2nd Amendment; they got it. So did I.

Boolit Buddy
    I have remained about constant. I currently have about 50k primers on hand, and 150lb of various powder.

Boolit Grand Master

I voted less than before. I stay well stocked, and still am, but refuse to buy at panic prices. So I have used some of my stock. I saw the Obama panic coming, mostly because I did not see the Clinton panic coming, or maybe it was the Dem before Clinton. Anyway, history repeats itself! There's no way to see a "Sandy Hook" coming, though!

Catshooter makes a good point! 2016 may not be our friend, either! Now ya got me thinking!

Like another posted, I make group buys from Powder Valley, with friends. The Hazmat fee hurts less if spread out. My last order, they could put 48# in a 50# box and mix powder and primers. Thats like 50 cents added to each pound of powder or brick of primers. So, get together with your friends and make your money go further. Lightman

Boolit Buddy
    I just got a reloading kit not to long ago so I didnt have anything stocked up 2 years ago. This summer I started buying primers a few at a time in anticipation of getting the kit so I've at least got those. Washington State says you cant have more than 10K primers in a residence though (I'd need a magazine for any more in order to stay legal). Powder on the other hand is still at zero. The local shops have a pretty limited supply and so far I've not seen anything that I have on my list to try.

Even more now. My son shoots quite a bit and over the last year I have taken advantage whenever I see something in stock. I was just able to purchase 2 lbs of H4198 and 1lb of 2400 along with a few primers yesterday at the local Cabela's.
    "If you make listening and observation your occupation you will gain much more than you can by talk.." --Lord Robert Baden-Powell

Boolit Buddy
    Why would anyone at this stage of the game "advertise" to BIG EYES what you have in your possession??!!!!
    Isn't the components market availability tight enough for you?

Boolit Bub
    Just started reloading after about 20 years. So yes I have more now than last year, all new stuff, but having a heck of a time finding the right powder.

Boolit Mold
    Need more Retumbo and 215M to be comfortable.

Boolit Mold
    I saw this shortage coming and got all the WW primers and powder I needed for a couple years shooting the pistol matches. However I use Federal primers in my tuned revolvers and can not find any.

Boolit Buddy
    I haven't checked the BATF&E regs in a while, but the last time I checked an individual was only allowed to keep 50 lbs of power on hand for their personal use. I see on this thread that some are bragging about more than is allowed. My personal opinion is that this thread needs to disappear.

Well for one "advertising" when not breaking the law, to me, is just having a conversation. I'm tired of watching everything I say because someone may be listening. Are we free or are we not? Will we fight for that, or won't we? I'm done being an apologist.. Done. No good comes from it. Gone are the days of taking the high road, cause all the other side does is takes advantage, at any turn. We tried being nice, we tried capitulating, we apologized for everything, we played nice... And in Connecticut we got it shoved up our collective rectums... No.. No more. You think you got something on me... Feeling froggy? Then jump.

Quote Originally Posted by RSOJim View Post
    I haven't checked the BATF&E regs in a while, but the last time I checked an individual was only allowed to keep 50 lbs of power on hand for their personal use. I see on this thread that some are bragging about more than is allowed. My personal opinion is that this thread needs to disappear.
    I personally agree (of course my humble opinion)
    Nelson

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast