Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataInline Fabrication
RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Show Us your Rhinelander 45 ACP Mauser Conversions

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by deltaenterprizes View Post
    Not sure how to post pics from my phone, PM me your email address and I will send you some.
    Posting his pictures. Looks like a well done conversion to military configuration.

Larry Gibson

Attachment 89083Attachment 89084

Boolit Master

Thanks for helping a computer challenged member !

Boolit Buddy

Just picked this up today in a trade. Working on trying to figure out something as far as the sights go. I am thinking about building one if I can find another mauser for a steal and try to do a folding stock similar to a paratrooper carbine.
    --ISO ITEMS--
    Contender super 16 barrels

updated as of April 2023

My feedback: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ight=Carbine86

Boolit Master

carbine86 - you got that in a trade? WOW! beautiful stock. Even if it don't work right, I'd say the stock was worth it. Hope it does work. I'd love one like it, to go with my 1911A1. Congrats!!!

Boolit Buddy

Thanks I traded a ruger 10/22 with one brick of auto match for it. The only things wrong with it is a broken ejector,an un modified extractor and the mag release in not the extended type. Besides that it feeds without the rounds nose diving.
    Last edited by carbine86; 02-11-2014 at 11:27 PM.
    --ISO ITEMS--

updated as of April 2023

Boolit Master
    I had plans on building one on a 93 mauser, but after hearing the minor problems they've had I decided on something else.

Boolit Buddy

I cant wait to build one myself now. Maybe in 45 win mag.
    --ISO ITEMS--

updated as of April 2023

Boolit Master

This is still cool

Attachment 96606Not quite a Rhinelander but........................(Mech Tech )

Boolit Bub
    I did a similar mod to a .308 Ishapore that was more labor intensive because I wanted to use a double stack magazine. I chucked the receiver in the lathe and bored back 2 inches past the action screws. Bought a new old stock bolt and cut it down and redid the internal threads, cut the firing pin etc. Extended the barrel into the receiver past the threads shortening the action moving the magazine back against the trigger guard. Closer to the authentic Delisle carbine up to that point. Then added a Glock 21 magazine instead of that of a 1911 and then continued to add "Tupperware" ala A side folding VZ58 mako tactical stock on a hand fitted aluminum adapter and glass filled front stock.

I can't say sadly, I recently sold it. On a recent trip to the firing range I was offered an insane amount for it by a pair of GI's and told them if they could have cash before I left for the day they could have it. Now they have it and I miss it.

I picked up a trio of no1 mk 3's at a recent gun-show. One a un-built receiver that would make an awesome Sapper style pistol in 45 acp (Instead of a rifle round) like I have been drooling over since finding one researching the first delisle build. A 303 Ishapore grenade launcher bubba had his hands all over that will be eventually replace the one I sold. The third 2A that I might let stay as it is because it is nice. I may build the two up at the same time since I will have the tooling up. Using what I learned from the first there should be a couple improvements like a more thoughtful mag latch/release. More projects for the pile...

If you are having ejector problems, take out the ejector screw and try a flat spring on the outside left of the receiver twisted and cut at an angle using the original ejector hole that reaches almost an eighth of an inch into the action that will allow the bolt to push it out of the way when closing that will still bump the base of the shell out when you open it. I have seen builds using plunger pins but they look awkward sticking out the side of the action.

Boolit Buddy

Has anyone worked up a nice fast 45 super load for these yet? I would love to try and take a deer with mine this year. Just finished "mine" as the wife claimed my first one as her own. Mine looks much better and I will try to post up a few pictures of them sometime tomorrow.
    Last edited by carbine86; 03-31-2014 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Fat thumbs misspell again
    --ISO ITEMS--

updated as of April 2023

Boolit Buddy

This is the one I did myself
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140401_091953_zpscdcb61fa.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	101107
    --ISO ITEMS--

updated as of April 2023

Boolit Man
    Nice! Where is the stock from, or did you make it?

Boolit Buddy

Its a boyds stock that I got from another member on here.
    --ISO ITEMS--

updated as of April 2023

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by carbine86 View Post
    Has anyone worked up a nice fast 45 super load for these yet? I would love to try and take a deer with mine this year. Just finished "mine" as the wife claimed my first one as her own. Mine looks much better and I will try to post up a few pictures of them sometime tomorrow.
    I push a soft cast GC'd 452490 (245 gr) at 1225 fps over 7.3 gr Unique (SAAMI max +P). Same bullet but HP'd (230 gr) over Blue Dot for 1350 fps and pushing 1400+ over LilGun. Haven't pressure tested the last 2 yet so won't publish the load.

Given the effectiveness of similar velocities with similar cast bullets in the 44 Magnum and 45 Colt I expect it would be deadly on deer. The legality would be the question as some regulations regarding the use of such a cartridge are somewhat anal.

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master
    Attachment 110339 Here's a Turkish Mauser that I converted a couple of years ago. It works great. I was having nose dive/feeding issues at first, but made a feed ramp by casting hard epoxy in between the magazine adapter and the original Mauser feed ramp. Now it feeds both round nose and semi-wadcutters. It shoots about an inch and a half group at 50 yards. It's quiet, has almost no recoil, and is fun to shoot. If I made another one, I'd make it a sporter, as the "military" configuration is a little heavy.

Boolit Mold
    Here's my science project:

Rhineland kit on a VZ24 action with a random stock that doesn't really fit.

You can put some pretty silly loads through these. I haven't gotten perfect feeding but it's reasonably reliable with RN and XTP bullets.

If I had the money I'd build another one but rechamber for .45 raptor and use the original internal magazine. That'd probably be good for anything on the continent.

Boolit Buddy
    These are awesome! But imagine one integrally suppressed...awesomer!!

Boolit Master
    question for those of you who have these and they work. Is there a certain way you must bolt them to work every time? Can you move the bolt slow, or must you do it quick? I nuts around with a 357 on a carcano and it appears to maybe work if you bolt it real fast, I mean by pushing the bolt in smartly. If we could put sako/rem extracters in these guns you could have all sorts of fun!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Neck: Larry Gibson is the resident guru on this. He has done several and he gets them to work by opening up the extractor until the cartridge rim slips under it easily.

If it is right it will work either way slow or fast.

I haven't gotten mine to work right yet but I can see it working..

The biggest problem with the Mauser action is that it must feed the cartridge from the magazine. The Extractor is too stiff to snap over the rim . If I do another one it will be with and Enfield action. They did it first anyway, but the Enfield action is really a push feed action and the Extractor will snap over the rim of the cartridge if it needs to. Also the ejector on the Enfield is a stud sticking thru the receiver in the bolt race so it can be moved forward and you can limit the stroke easier.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Mold
    You have to work it like you mean it, for sure. Even then it's very, very finicky. It has to travel further from magazine to chamber than it would in a pistol and it's easy to line up wrong and jam.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast