MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie to 30 M1 Carbine

Boolit Master

It looks like someone was trying to cut it off in order to make a slide for a late model Universal.

Moderator Emeritus

A really knowledgeable fellow is "Anthony" who runs Orion7 -- a M1 Garand and Carbine shop on New York's Long Island. His email is orionrigel@yahoo.com and he also is board chair of Garand Collectors Association. I'd be most surprised if he didn't answer your questions! I have a few carbines in my stable, and in very short order (and cost for parts) he sure "done me well"! Best! geo

Boolit Bub
    The rifle is designed to strip rounds out of the magazine, not hand feed them. From my time in the AF as a small arms tech, I understood that the action of stripping a round tended to slow down the forward inertia of the slide thus helping to prevent a slam fire.

A suggestion for the mag catch would be to disassemble the catch and be sure of two things: (1) the spring is the correct diameter, length, and compression strength; and (2) be sure the slide moves very freely. If there is even a hint of binding, clean it up with some very fine valve grinding compound until it slides very freely. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12