MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot Optic.

Boolit Grand Master

Just picked up my second TRS-25 today. I'm thinking there's an MSR around here that's fixin' to get an upgrade! Several years ago I thought the light was a little much.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    So Now I have 5 of them! Randy
    So Randy . . . Be honest here, what do you really think of the Bushnell TRS-25? Hhmmm . . .

Last spring I bought one for my Ruger MKIII, My first ever dot optics (getting old isn't for the faint of heart). LGS had it & what sold me was the adjustable dot, turned down it's great in low light & not overpowering bright. Turn it up and it works well at noon in bright sun.

I thought so much of it I ordered a second one & a mount for my Ruger 30 Carbine, did I mention getting old and just can't see the iron sights anymore.

I recently put a new Nikon 3X9 on the 10/22 but it may just get one of these also & use the Nikon on something else.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Is anyone aware of a supplier that makes a rail that fits my RRH so I could mount one of these sites on my pistol?

Boolit Grand Master

Check Brownell's (logo near top of page) they carry a fairly extensive variety of mounts, bases etc.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

CRPA Life Member

Rick: Sometimes I do get enthusiastic about some things.

I assure you it is always well deserved.

At least I think it is.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master

And now that I have your attention, what are you doing at Wes Thompson's place when you have Rose Valley right out your back door and a few switch backs up the mountain?

Rick

CRPA Life Member

My adopted son likes to go out to Piru and so I go with him for "bonding" purposes. Plus that Mike has steel targets set up all the way to 600 yards. It costs $15 to shoot there and that includes the paper targets for sighting.

The 200 yard 8 x 10 was painted blue and I hit it 19 times in a row and it had to be repainted as I pretty much blew all the paint off it. HA!

I also go to find out when their other shoots are scheduled, I want to start shooting IDPA and 3 gun out there as the competition is a little more challenging than shooting in Santa Barbara. It brings in a lot more people from LA and the surrounding areas, and SB is pretty much limited to about a 50 mile radius.

As you know they do just about every kind of competitive rifle and pistol shooting there is out there.

Our range in Ojai is OK for doing shooting if you want to be by yourself during the week, on the weekends it has events scheduled every weekend. I shoot trap, skeet, and long and short range silhouette there. We don't have any kind of run and gun type things going on there, so I have to branch out to other places.

Where did you move to? and what town did you move from?

Randy.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

Boolit Grand Master

Arkansas. Castaic.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Second TRS-25 worked out great today, 1" block barely cleared the front sight. Due to a severe case of Cranial Rectal Inversion I had to take TWO trips to the pistol range to get it on paper @ 50 but it's ready to go now.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Rick: See we were just about neighbors.

TX: I suffer from that same condition way too often.

Randy

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Rick: See we were just about neighbors. Randy
    Almost huh except I escaped. Some people there I miss and Angeles Ranges was a shooters dream come true for me. Being a part owner of Angeles and a 30 year member of LASC I had a 200 foot covered, 200 meter firing line at my beck & call, do miss that.

Picked up my second TRS-25 & mount yesterday, gonna put it on my Ruger 30 Carbine & need to get a hole drilled & tapped. Dang I hate to modify a gun like that but I see the sights so poorly anymore it's that or simply don't shoot it, ya right. Ok, I'll be honest, it's the red dot or don't ever hit anymore targets, it will get shot.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Rick: I wouldn't lose too much sleep over a minor modification to generic gun like a Mini 30, nobody is ever going to care.

The guns are what they are, and by that I mean the are definitely in the "tool" class of firearm.

Are you using the mount that clamp onto the existing Ruger scallops in the top of the receiver? What is the hole for?

Randy

Boolit Grand Master

No scallops on this Ruger, nice smooth flat top in front of the rear sight so the holes will be tapped for base mount screws.

Couldn't agree more, I wouldn't worry at all about modifying for a sight base if I had a Mini 30, never have had one of them. You see, this Ruger has a cylinder just like a real revolver.

I just looked back through my posts and I did just say "Ruger 30 Carbine", guess I should have been just a little bit more specific huh.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

I will try not to hold it against you..
    I take it the gun is a Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine caliber?

If you get the holes neatly done on the centerline of the top strap it shouldn't arise any attention if you take the optic and rail off as long as you plug the holes with some set screws.

That way it almost looks like it came that way.

Randy

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by kbstenberg View Post
    Is anyone aware of a supplier that makes a rail that fits my RRH so I could mount one of these sites on my pistol?
    If your Redhawk has a 7.5" barrel, check Jack Weigand's website: http://jackweigand.com/Ruger-Redhawk...-No-Drill.html

Boolit Master
    FWIW---Cabela's has them (TRS-25) on sale for $69.99 with free shipping---Promo code=(3WINTER)

Winelover

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Well, not anymore, you's guy's cleaned 'em out!
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Grand Master

I just looked & it didn't say they are out of them, said this . . .

Regular Price: $129.99 sale Price: $79.99 Online Only Price – limited time offer. Price may vary in stores and catalogs. This item is available to ship FREE to a store for pick-up.

It also says $79.99 not $69.99 but still that's a good price if you have a store nearby to pick it up. I just bought another one from a LGS for $104.00 including sales tax.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Banned

If you have Amazon Prime $69.99 to your door.
    http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Troph.../dp/B00200E0HM

Boolit Master
    Flyer, I received in the mail, lists them for $69.99 from Nov. 28th till Dec. 4th. Item # (LHD-71-3198)

Winelover

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast