RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: My Single shot 12ga 44 Mag conversion

Boolit Man

My Single shot 12ga 44 Mag conversion

I bought this 60's vintage SS Kersge (sp) 12 gauge and made a 44 mag liner for the barrel, from a GM blank. I shoot mostly 240g lead boolits over 7g of Trail Boss. Very cool little gun. Let me know what you think. Its still a work in progress, as I am fabricating a new trigger guard from brass stock.

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SS Barrel1.jpg   SS Barrel 2.jpg   SS Barrel 3.jpg   SS Barrel 4.jpg   SS Barrel 5.jpg  

Almost done 2.jpg   Almost done 3.jpg   Almost done.jpg   Bbl nut 1.jpg  
    "I will ask permission of no man, for that which has been granted to me by God and the Constitution."

Boolit Master

Might be a tad heavy for my taste but looks like it should make a good shooter.
    How do you plan on hooking up a extractor ?
    Facta non verba

Boolit Man
    It is a bit heavy.. I modified the extractor that was in the gun. I havent installed it yet. Right now I just pull the spent shell out with my fingers.
    "I will ask permission of no man, for that which has been granted to me by God and the Constitution."

Boolit Buddy

From Florida originally, but these days it's wherever my RV is parked
    I always figured that in a pinch, you could just carry a dowel / rod with you all the time, like the muzzle loaders do.
    Home is where the RV is...

"assassinating a leader is morally justified when people have suffered under a tyrant for an extended period of time and has exhausted all legal and peaceful means to overthrow that leader" -- Abraham Lincoln
    Kind of ironic, don't ya' think?

Did you make it a slip in liner so you can maintain the use as a shotgun? Otherwise if it were myself I'd likely look at doing a stub barrel conversion. That way the barrel beyond the stub area could be reduced down to make the weight more balanced. Also it would then be justified in making up an extended "L" extractor.
    Witty saying to be plagarized shortly.....

Boolit Man
    Yes it is a slip in, with a barrel nut. I can pull the liner out and drop a shell in and go.