Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Dutch Schoultz?

Boolit Master

Dutch Schoultz?

I remember reading that he was having problems.
    A month ago, I thought I ordered his book, but it never showed up, and my bank account doesn't reflect the charge, either.
    Anyone else have this experience, or is it just me?
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I hope he's still alive. Quite a character.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master

He hangs out here. http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fu...fbb_uid/27826/ I think maybe he did have some problems but as far as I know he is doing ok. Others here have ordered his book and I believe received it. Try again.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Master
    I just went to the website and ordered it again. If I recall, I was suffering from brown bottle flu, and may have screwed up the ordering process. Easy to do that on a smart phone, even without alcohol.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.

When I last corresponded with him a year or two ago his eyesight was failing and he could barely read my handwriting to answer my questions.
    Hellgate in Orygun
    With 16+revolvers, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of cap&ball.
    If you do not subscribe to a newspaper you are uninformed. If you do subscribe to a newspaper you are misinformed. Mark Twain
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    He had the lazer eye surgery early on, & they left him with mole eyes. He's a great guy, with awesome info for smoke belchers. I've bought it. Highly recommended.

Boolit Master
    I belong to a couple of e-mail lists that Dutch participates in. I'm sure that there would have been word if he had passed, so let's just hope that he's feeling under the weather.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Buddy
    I sent him the money years ago,and his methods worked well for me. Great fellow,hope he is well! Only thing wrong was-WHY I didn't think of his methods myself!! lreed

Boolit Master
    The only problems I'd heard s his eyesight. I ordered the book again on Thursday and the charge appeared on my account Friday. Guess I loused it up last time I tried to order.
    Hope I didn't cause any undue concern about Dutch.

Dutch most be getting on now.

I bought his material many years ago. It was good but I foolishly lent it to someone and never saw it again.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Perm-Banned
    talked to him by phone a couple of years ago and he said he was slowing down as age does that to us all. many years ago his methods changed me on patched round balls for good. i went one step more and sought out some good linen cloth and bought 2 yards of it. from then on i cut the patches off at the muzzle and the linen worked really well. i then sold all my .50 cal roundball guns and only have one .45 roundball left. that gun shoots a normal cotton patch perfectly so the linen is in storage in my gun shop. he change many many shooters for the better and many know his name.

Boolit Buddy

Dutch Schoultz

Quote Originally Posted by tommag View Post
    I remember reading that he was having problems.
    A month ago, I thought I ordered his book, but it never showed up, and my bank account doesn't reflect the charge, either.
    Anyone else have this experience, or is it just me?
    I am a subscriber to his book. As such, I received an email from him today with an update on his method. I assume he is doing OK, or someone has taken over his operation. I would think that if it were the latter they would have mentioned that fact.

Rockydoc
    NRA Lifetime member since 1956, NRA Endowment Member. Reloading since 1954. CBA Member Navy Vietnam Veteran USS Intrepid CVA 11

Boolit Master

Rockydoc - might want to look at the date of Rogers post above yours, It's an ancient thread (by internet standards)...

Boolit Master
    Using his methods netted me 31 medals in National competition, and too many local an state wins to count. Never could get others locally to try it, too lazy I suspect!

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Dutch is a great Guy! Used his Muzzleloading patch system for years ( Way back When maybe 1980's) for target work! Yes It was truly accurate! guess you can really call it the dry patch system
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Mold
    What is Dutch Schoultz contact phone number or email? Would love to get one of his books I hear so much about.
    Thanks

Banned

dutch introduced me, and probably thousands more ml fans, to the dry lube patch. that's pretty much the kingpin of his loading/shooting process, though there is Much more to dutch's "system" than just that specific patch lube.

imho, no matter what a patch is lubed with - spit, tallow, crisco, chicken grease, whatever - the more important part of loading a patched round ball has been the patch material used and its thickness, and then the diameter of the pure lead round ball ... then there are all the other factors of the load such as powder type and granularity, compression, and the ignition system and all its issues.

i don't think dutch will mind me giving out his last known email address --- dr5x22@yahoo.com ---

make SURE to use a MEGA LARGE type font for your email.