Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Repackbox

Thread: caps

In Remembrance

caps

Has anyone used any Dynamit Nobel caps. they are # 1075 made in Germany. I thought these might fit mt revolver, but they still need pinching.

Boolit Master

Some of the off hand shooters swear by them for target work.
    Don't buy nuthing you can't take home

Joel 3:10

In Remembrance
    Thanks, I had never heard of them, and at 7.99 a tin or I suppose a plastic I don't see myself using too many of them. lol
    As far as I know they are the only ones available in town right now though.

Boolit Bub
    The ones in the red plastic "tin" ? Yes. Mostly on the Lyman plains rifle and deer stalker. They leave a little more residue than the Remington and CCI caps.

Boolit Grand Master

I just bought 3 tins. it was all they had and I have bought them before but I can't recall if I ever used any or not. They seem a little smaller than the #11s but fit my rifles fine. I got them for 6.99 which is about what caps are running now, it you can find them at all.
    Aim small, miss small!

In Remembrance
    I may go back and get some more, as they are pretty scarce here. I tried them on the pietta, and they were not small enough to not need a little pinch.

They have been my cap of choice for a long time. Very very few misfires with them, and I've probably popped thousands of them.
    They do require a slight pinch when used on my 1860 army, but other than that, I do love them.

Boolit Master
    I just bought a sleeve of a 1000 for 54.95. they are all I use on both the target rifles and the muskets.

Boolit Master
    The 1075 plus is more or less the equal to #11. Some revolvers need a #10. I really like the 1075 as they seem to fit tight and give good accuracy.

In Remembrance
    Well I went back and bought 4 tins (plastics). That was all they had left, and no other caps of any kind. They did have way more ball choices and the biggest stock of pyrodex than I have seen there for several years.

Boolit Buddy

I love em. Never again will I use cci caps. I had alot of duds when I shot those

caps havnt been hard to get out in Ea. Wa.state for the last few years.I didn't know they were in short supply other places.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

In Remembrance
    When Obummer took office I was caught off guard, and didn't bring my caps up whem I brought the muzzies. It was probably 6 months before I was able to buy my first cap. lol

They are not in short supply at my house, I just intend for it to stay that way now. lol

Boolit Mold
    They are nearly the only hoice of caps available in Europe. Sizewise they are between your #10 and #11. Most of the Italian replicas (Pedersoli, Uberti, Chiappa and Pietta) have their nipples designed for the 1075.
    Quality is German, 'nuff said, I've shot thousands of them and never had a miss.
    Andrea from Italy

Boolit Buddy Sergeant Earthworm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Has anyone used any Dynamit Nobel caps. they are # 1075 made in Germany. I thought these might fit mt revolver, but they still need pinching.
    I have used Dynamit Nobel #1075 caps for years on rifles but not on revolvers. CCI and Remington #10 caps work great on my revolvers, they fit snug right out of the can and I haven't had any misfires with either one.

In Remembrance
    I am starting to wonder about sportsmans. The other day I bought all the caps they had out (4 tins) was there yesterday and there was 5 more, so I bought them and intend to check tomorrow and see if there is 5 more. I'm starting to think they are just putting enough on the shelf to keep the price up. lol

Boolit Buddy
    Dynamit Nobel percussion caps are some of the finest ones around.

CCI quit production of their 6 Wing "Hot" Musket Caps because some Dumb A** re-enactor had an eye injury (he wasn't wearing eye protection) sued them because he had a 6 Wing CCI Musket Cap frag on his musket, I have been boycotting ALL CCI products.

Boolit Buddy
    I used them on my t/c new englander. when using any other cap and pyrodex, it would hangfire. these caps solved the problem. they seemed to be a little hotter than the cci's.
    siamese4570

Boolit Buddy
    they are my favorite #11 and musket cap. i only use RWS/Dynamit Nobel when hunting.