MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: New Cabine Tree Tester

Boolit Grand Master

New Cabine Tree Tester

I ordered a new Cabine Tree Tester, last summer. Due to work (and the heat), I just now put it together and played with it. I'm Impressed! It was packaged well, easy to assemble, and simple to use. The workmanship is very good, this tool will last a lifetime. All you do is load it, turn the crank, and read the dial! I played with several known alloys and was able to get repeatable reading almost immediately. The readings were spot on for what the alloy should have been. I looked at other testers, but I like the fact that you can test odd pieces, not just bullets.

I have no connections with this company, just as a satisfied customer! If anyone is looking at testers and is undecided, this would be a good choice. I would also like to thank member Bob for the chart that he posted, as it is very useful. Lightman

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Glad you like it! I love mine.

Now you need to go to Harbor Freight and buy one of their 1" travel DIGITAL dial indicators! And dump the old-fashinled analog dial it came with.

Now, when the chart says .075..........the indicator reads exactly .075!!! No more squinting and guessing at an old 50's pointer and dial.

bangerjim

Boolit Master
    I really like my Cabine Tree Tester. I added a small tie wrap to the threaded shaft to act as a reference point when turning the crank. My unit had the nut with the numbers and I kept getting lost. The tie is on tight enough to stay put, but loose enough to turn so it can be set under the brass pointer. Turn the crank one turn to the pointer and take the reading. You will really like your unit. Dusty

where rocks are shot at & milk jugs, too...
    +1 on the Cabinetree, bought mine a few months ago and wish I had it years ago!
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

Another +1 on the Cabine Tree tester, have had mine for a couple of years now, use it regularly and trust the readings!

Perma-Banned

I got one after comparing all the different ones I can not believe how easy it is to use. I am kicking myself for not getting one earlier. It is nice to know exactly how hard your lead truly is.