For the past couple of years since I first bought these two molds, I haven't been able to shoot or reload. To busy just taking care of my Father. Now I'm getting back into the groove of things and am going through what I have on hand and trying to sort things out with various molds I bought. I missed out on the typical casting/testing/shooting cycles group buys molds normally have and I need a little help catching up. Links to previous results are very much welcome and appreciated.

First up are these Mihec molds I bought from NOE during a group buy:

FN 5 cavity (MX3-22) 55 grain .225"
FN 5 cavity (MX3-22-EX) 62 grain .225"

Second, here are the rifles I have to shoot these fine pills in once I cast them:

AR15, 16 inch medium weight barrel, carbine gas, 1:9" twist, 5.56 chamber, red dot sight.
AR15, 18 inch medium weight barrel, midlength gas, 1:8" twist, 5.56 chamber, scoped 1-6 power.

What I need to decide:

1. Best lead blend for boolits if run at a rate to cycle rifle, fit in magazine and a realistic maximum range goal. Here's what I have on hand: Pure lead ingots, wheel weight ingots and foundry type, plenty of all. I also have on hand 2000 each .22 caliber Hornady gas checks and two excellent luber sizers. I also have .225" sizing die for the luber sizers.

2. Good powder for these boolits. I still have a good bit of surplus WC 846 left, though I have gotten below 8 pounds. I also have the following powders on hand: New 8 pound jug of 4895, but that's earmarked for some 308 stuff I'm wanting to load. A pound of IMR 7383, a pound of IMR 4350 and 8 pounds of 2400. The last three powders are new to me and I'm not familiar with their application. The 7383 and 4350 I received as gifts from a friend.

3. Lots of processed military surplus brass ready to load and a bunch more out in the garage that can be processed. 5K or better Wolf brand small rifle magnum primers, the ones that are tougher to ignite and ideal for semi autos with floating firing pins.

4. Best overall seated length for these boolits when a load is built up for good accuracy.

Any comments on success/failure you've had reloading these boolits, I'd like to hear. Please catch me up.

Thank you,

Dave