Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
PBcastcoMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee mold modification

These are pretty inexpensive. They are the old MSM handles. http://www.cainsoutdoor.com/shop/item.asp?item=13189

Harbor Freight long cuff welding gloves. Thick suede leather. ~$5 pair! What I use to cast with. They work great and the price is def right!

ElDorado, I have gleaned many useful things from home-made videos that people have posted on youtube. Nothing wrong with something being amateurish (as in being made by an amateur) but if you're trying to get a message across then a little pre-thinking goes a long way. There's nothing worse, in my mind, than trying to listen to what the poster is saying when there is annoying radio/music in the background (I can't turn the volume down 'cos then I can't hear what he's saying!). A pity, because it is an interesting video.

As for my molds, I've gone over them carefully and can find nothing to explain why they often don't drop of their own accord (all three do the same). If I lightly lube the cavity (while hot) with a Kroil-type lube then they drop for a little while, until the lube wears off. I'd like to try the glove-sprue-cutoff thingy, but I find wearing heavy welding gloves awkward, as I don't have the "feel" for what is going on (I wear riggers'-type gloves). Still, when I get my Pro-Melt I guess I can give it a try, as the heavier gloves may be easier to use if not using a dipper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12