RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Bought one because I wanted to!

Boolit Buddy

Bought one because I wanted to!

I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that's done it.....but today I bid on and won a 457191 mold on EB. I actually have an older Ideal 1C version, that was actually the first mold I ever got. Over the years, I've built up a decent "accumulation" of all types, sizes, etc, some I have SC and DC versions on the same style, some are duplicate and triplicate of the same mold. I've always been on the look out for a double cavity version of the 457191, certainly don't need it, but always wanted one. I've only seen just a few DC versions come up on auction in the past 5+ years or so I'm guessing they're fairly uncommon. A couple went for pretty good money, one was rough, so I was not a contender for those. So today was my lucky day $43.88 shipped to me. I hope it arrives safely, looks like it just needs a cleaning, good way to start 2019! Thanks Bill in MA

Impulse buys sometimes turn out to be good buys.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    ...bid on and won a 457191 mold on EB.
    Nice find - nominal weight 300gr ... 20gr of 2400 and your good to go
    Regards
    John

Banned
    I consider it as an investment . I love the Ideal molds and the OLD Lymans are good also.
    I love to cast but at times one cavity molds get monotonous, with 2 cavities you feel like your getting something done.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have a 2 cavity Lyman. The only fly in the ointment is rapidity at which it heats up, thereby slowing production rates way down.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    You don't need any other reason to buy when you want one

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master
    You did well to find that mold as a double cavity, not sure I have ever seen one offered. Maybe they sell out so fast there is little time to see them. They must be as common as the 454423 Doubles, meaning they aren't, dang-it.

Boolit Buddy
    I just got the tracking number, so it's on the way. I probably have 10-12 different 45 rifle molds and as I mentioned before, really didn't need it, has been more of enjoying the search/chase. I'll clean it up when it arrives, may or may not use it. I have more 45 rifle boolits already cast, than I'll probably every use and even then, my 2 45 leverguns never ventured out of the safe this past year. Around the same time I picked up the SC version years ago, from a now deceased older friend, he gave me a Lyman 1C 266305 and about 500 already cast, lubed and gc'd. I spent about 7-8 years trying to find the correct top punch for that mold. I finally lucked out on GB one day, my wife just couldn't understand my joy of finally finding one.....ironically I've seen about 5-6 up for sale in the last year! Still believe that quest of locating older, discontinued molds and top punches are part of the fun. Guess it goes hand in hand with uncommon, discontinued older firearms! Thanks Bill in MA