RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: Burris pistol scope mount?

Boolit Bub

Burris pistol scope mount?

I acquired a scope mount and rings in some of my horse trading adventures. ..

I am kinda trying to figure out what it is supposed to fit?
    It came on a sbh.
    they had removed the rear sight and stuck this mount on it with only one screw.
    I took it off and put the irons back on it.

Any one know how to figger out what this mount is supposed to fit?

I am sure someone here knows all about mounting scopes on pistols as this is something that I don't have any experience with.

Thanks in advance for all of your words of wisdom!

-Zeik
    "The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Boolit Buddy
    couldn't resist

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	81164

Banned

It is for the SBH but has more then one screw. The gun needs drilled and tapped. I still have one on mine but some scopes and red dots need a front extension ring because rings are close together.

Boolit Bub

Thank you gentlemen.

What is the thing worth?

I am thinking about trying to trade it for a mold.

Also, will drilling and tapping the top frame weaken it to a point of concern?

I intend on loading in the higher ranges.

Thanks again for the knowledge and wisdom!
    "The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."

Banned

No, drilling for a base will not hurt the gun.

Boolit Bub

Thank you 44 Man.

What is this mount and rings worth?
    If I were to decide I wanted to try a scope, is this mount and rings good ones or would some other style or brand be much more desirable?

Also, would some other brand or style require even more drilling and tapping?

Boolit Bub

Sorry, I did search around this forum for this information before I tried the new thread.