RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: .22LR must be made of gold now days

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    My club has reached its membership limit for the first time since it was founded over 50 years ago and there now is a waiting list. People are complaining about having to wait for a position at the public range on weekends, during the week it used to be shoot by yourself now there usually is someone there.
    Not the case here!

I belong to 3 clubs, 2 out door and one indoor, I'm also on the BOD's at one of the clubs, hence I'm up on those wishing membership, and so far have yet to turn anyone away.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Grand Master
    WOW, first 22 ammo in 9 months spotted at wally world. At least that I have seen. CCI std vel. $3.59/box

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    That not likely to be the fact here in the populated No. Indiana area where I'm located.
    I live out in the country on a farm with lots of open space and not many people near me. So things are a lot different then in or near large cities I just walk outside and shoot any time day or night.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Cohen View Post
    I wonder why the shortages in the States, I don't see any shortages in Australia on 22 ammo. maybe we have it all.
    Stephen, Where is the rimfire ammo you have in Australia manufactured at?

Boolit Master on Heavens Range

Need CCI 22LR shot shells, 20 per box, 50 cents per round

I can use a hundred rounds if someone is gracious enough to find them in their area. Please keep me informed when found so duplicate orders won't take place.
    Used as an exclusive tree rat control. Pecan trees need such help. The hawks are too incremental on location to be of service. ... felix
    felix

Love Life
    What are these "Ranges" ya'll speak of?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    What are these "Ranges" ya'll speak of?
    We have a gun club in town. 80 bux (40 for military) per year gets your own key to the gate. We have about ten 25-yard pistol ranges, a 75-yard range, two 100-yard ranges, a 200-yard range, and they're working on a 500-yard range. We also have 4 shotgun pigeon throwers on a shotgun range. All outdoor.

Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    I can use a hundred rounds if someone is gracious enough to find them in their area. Please keep me informed when found so duplicate orders won't take place.
    Used as an exclusive tree rat control. Pecan trees need such help. The hawks are too incremental on location to be of service. ... felix
    Felix for about the same price you could buy a cheap air rifle and a tin of pellets at Wal-mart.

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Usafrox View Post
    We have a gun club in town. 80 bux (40 for military) per year gets your own key to the gate. We have about ten 25-yard pistol ranges, a 75-yard range, two 100-yard ranges, a 200-yard range, and they're working on a 500-yard range. We also have 4 shotgun pigeon throwers on a shotgun range. All outdoor.
    Ahhhh. I just go out into the desert. One thing I will say, though, is with the ammo shortage the desert is much cleaner lately...

I know, I know, Swamper! That would be an insult to my late dad's fully equipped Kimber Super America sitting in the closet, not having been shot in three years until now. The thing is accurate enough with those shotshells to intentionally not kill the devils which allow the hawks something to play with instead of the vultures also around here. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Felix
    .22 shotshells are all they have around here. I don't know if they are the CCI type but I will look next time I am in the gun store and PM you if they are the right ones.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Buddy

yep 22 ammo is hard to find every where, good thing I stocked up after the first election when it became available again. Stinger is advertized here for 150 bux for 500! The Boy scouts here are looking for donations of ammo so that the kids can get their merit badges. The ranges here are packed with people. the Desert is full of people every where we go there is some one or a group of people out shooting. A bunch of places have been closed to shooting permantly because of a few idiots and their armor piercing ammo and fires and the trash that they leave behind. The largest county in the state is threatning to close to shooting because of all the trash and the damage to the areas from off road vehicles don't get me wrong I ride my atv's but I stay on the trails and go on foot when the trail runs out.

Mucho' thanks, Blacksmith! The CCI's are rare, that's for sure. It seems the production was low to begin with to just test the market for acceptance with/over the crimped type. They are worth the money in comparison when comparing the ease of use in tight fitting chambers. In general, the crimped type seem to be more accurate through. Why? The CCI's are definitely full choke rounds appearing to be dependent upon the "plastic condom particles" left over between shots. If killing is the objective, it behooves to swipe the bore a couple of times with a normal round before shooting the next shot shell. Then, the CCI's are just as killing accurate as the crimpers, and especially so if full choke is warranted for more "yardage". The CCI's sound like a lady-finger firecracker, or bottle rocket pop noise, when using a 22 inch barrel. Cops will not be called if such fireworks are shot off in town on occasion, for example. ... felix
    Last edited by felix; 09-10-2013 at 01:17 PM.
    felix

Boolit Master
    Bill I'd say the response you received from Henry & Ruger just firms up what we already know. There is no way domestic manufactures are going to keep up with demand without adding new lines. That all takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    I know, I know, Swamper! That would be an insult to my late dad's fully equipped Kimber Super America sitting in the closet, not having been shot in three years until now. The thing is accurate enough with those shotshells to intentionally not kill the devils which allow the hawks something to play with instead of the vultures also around here. ... felix
    Oh I see why your after the shotshells now. I only have about half a box of the CCI shotshells left myself. I use them for popping field mice on the farm when I see those little suckers they work great for that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345