Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Need an adjustable trigger for an AR....quick!

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!

Need an adjustable trigger for an AR....quick!

Certainly not a cast boolit question, but I need help for my stepson's birthday next month. He told me he wants an adjustable trigger for his .308 AR and specifically mentioned Timney and a price of around $125.00. I pulled up their website today and could not find an adjustable trigger and all of them are $200.00 plus!

It's possible he meant another trigger but I don't know enough about what's available for an AR these days. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Boolit Master

Most of the Timney triggers are in the $100-$125 range, except for the AR triggers, they are a hair over $200. How much do you love that stepson? I love mine, and my 2 biological sons but I'm not putting a $200 trigger in their rifles lol, I don't even have one in mine.

Boolit Master

Yeah, if you're looking for a Timney trigger for an AR, good luck getting one anywhere near $125. Maybe on Ebay or gunbroker, if no one else notices it, but even then I doubt it.

Boolit Grand Master

Not adjustable, but $120 will get you a Rock River set of hammer and trigger.
    VERY good trigger drop-in for $120, not certain if these AR-15 pieces will
    work in the 10.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    If I were currently buying an trigger for an AR (and I've bought many AR target triggers in my past), I would not spend money on a Timney. Instead, I would research and buy the appropriate Giselle trigger for my AR. It's all I have in all my accuracy serious AR's (Designated Marksman rifles with 1500-2000 dollar scopes).

If Giselle wasn't available, the RRA mentioned above is a pretty good alternative, just not as rugged.

I have a Rock River 2 Stage National Match Trigger Group in most of my AR builds. That is a pretty nice trigger and it won't break the bank. Search around for a better price but I would also check www.joeboboutfitters.com

It's a nice trigger like said by others but those other high price triggers are in a higher league with regard to top quality.

Boolit Buddy

My favorite ar trigger is by far the cmc. It is not adj. but breaks like a 1911 trigger at 3 pounds with no take up. Has helped me get my 6 shot speed drills down to .83 seconds from the buzzer.
    Just under 125 last i checked. But now, upon googling are north of 170. Darn.
    Another consideration for the ar 10 series is recoil, the slow push of the ar10 has given me doubles on a benchrest with a bipod when using both rra 2stage and jards trigger assembly.
    Anyway good luck.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Grand Master

I have used the Jewel in my ars for many years with no issues Giesel came out after I was forced to give up high power due to health reasons. While more than the stated price point the jewels are adjustable and easy to install. The giesel is also adjustable weight range depends on model and easy to install. But again over the price point stated. I would go with either one.