Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If it wasn't for Jim

If it wasn't for Jim

If it wasn't for Jim's advice and encouragement I wouldn't be casting and reloading today. He took me under his wing and got me started. I'll bet there are many others he has helped.
    "Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters." Archibald Rutledge

http://doingitoutdoors.wordpress.com/

Banned

Jim's a great guy. Every single one of his posts guaranteed to inspire, uplift or entertain. We could sure use more guys like him here.

Boolit Master
    Jim out there in Virgina does seem like a darn nice guy. I use to live out in Virginia but didn't know of this site back then (maybe it didn't exist). Non the less I still enjoy reading his posts.

Moderator Emeritus

If it wasn't for Jim...

I wouldn't know what's going on in Floyd

I love hearing/seeing stories and photo's of things such as a shooting event or the mentoring he does.

Jim...a great American !
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

If it wasn't for Jim, this site would have less personality. He is one of those guys who will just put it out there for OUR benefit or enjoyment even if it was poking fun at himself. Think purple tights and yellow camo!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bzcraig View Post
    .....Think purple tights and yellow camo!
    Y'all just keep right on bringin' that up. Every time ya' do, I gonna' flash ya'.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nz-hunting-suit-e1376746377801.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	80708

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Y'all just keep right on bringin' that up. Every time ya' do, I gonna' flash ya'.

Now that is EXACTLY what I'm talking about! Even tho my eyes won't recover for hours, I did laugh out loud!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

If this thread is just a thinly disguised attempt to lure Jim back here then COUNT ME IN!!! Come on back Jim we miss you!

Boolit Master

Truck looks clean!!!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldred View Post
    If this thread is just a thinly disguised attempt to lure Jim back here then COUNT ME IN!!! Come on back Jim we miss you!
    I'm here. I break 61 tomorrow an' movin' a little slower than I used to, but I'm here.

Boolit Master

Say... wasn't he 'Dr. Jacoby' on twin peaks? Same fashion sense. http://twinpeaks.wikia.com/wiki/Lawrence_Jacoby
    Last edited by wallenba; 09-01-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master

I believe we should nominate him for sainthood LOL. Purple briches and all.

Y'all are going to have to me out on what he should be the patron saint of??

SS
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master

Jim, I gotta say you remind me a little of my father-in-law (also Jim). He's a bit older than you (almost 80) but he's currently whitewater river rafting in Alaska on an extended honeymoon with his new bride.

Here's a comment not just for Jim but for all the regulars who "keep it real" here: you all are the ones who give this site the laid-back family atmosphere it has (at least more so than other sites). I don't participate often, but I appreciate the humor and camaraderie here.

Thank you.

In Remembrance
    One thing about it, them coon huntin virginia hillbillys are all about fashion statements. lol

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 41 mag fan View Post
    Truck looks clean!!!
    Dang, I hadn't even realized that there was a truck back there! The first time I saw the pic. I was too dazzled to notice anything in the background!

Jim, you gotta start importing those longjohns! I need a couple of pairs!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master

I don't know if you guys know this or not, but Jim doesn't carry a gun while coon hunting when wearing his New Zealand hunting outfit. He doesn't need one. When the coon fall out of the trees from laughing, Jim just clubs them with a stick.

Just kidden Jim.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by SharpsShooter View Post
    I believe we should nominate him for sainthood LOL. Purple briches and all.

Y'all are going to have to me out on what he should be the patron saint of??
    SS

That's easy......patron saint of "Virginia Coon Huntin"

In Remembrance
    Easier and cheaper that way, you don't need them expensive coon dogs either. They just walk around the woods shining the light on Jim and listen for the coons laugh. Them coons are gettin smarter though and are trying not to look.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    I don't know if you guys know this or not, but Jim doesn't carry a gun while coon hunting when wearing his New Zealand hunting outfit. He doesn't need one. When the coon fall out of the trees from laughing, Jim just clubs them with a stick.

Just kidden Jim.
    Hey, saves money on ammo an' havin' to pack a rifle, right?

I'm jus' sayin'.....

Boolit Master

I'm here. I break 61 tomorrow an' movin' a little slower than I used to, but I'm here.
    Happy Birthday! I understand the first 100 is the hardest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast