Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Forum Has Gone Cold

Boolit Master
    Most firearms forums have lulls in the summer months. Family vacations, people who are outdoors enjoying nature and actually shooting! Patience grasshopper.

Boolit Grand Master

I probably spend more time in front of the computer on this forum than on any thing else I view. I enjoy skimming threads that have titles that interest me. Never have found it to be dull, and always seem to learn something that I didn't know/forgot/or could use. There will always be a meathead or two on this forum but they get weeded out fairly quickly. There are some opinions expressed on this forum that turn some people off, and cause them to leave unfortunately. However some come back and am always glad to see that.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Report trolls. We do keep an eye on them. As soon as we have a legitimate violation, we whack them.
    ok ill give it another run on your word

I have really enjoyed this site and gleaned good info from others and want to share what I have

Doc.

Banned

Just to be clear, I was merely referring to the Casting for Shotguns forum on this site. I love this site, spends most of my internet time here. I was spoiled by the fact that the shotgun forum was the best of the best bar none, including Shotgun World, whatever. I like Shotgun World, but the forum on slugs is not as active or useful as this forum. So, just to make it clear, this site is awesome, the Casting for Shotguns forum here is great, it just used to be greater. The members who post here are the best members as far as I'm concerned, but I am biased. Very supportive group, and all positive. That is all.

In Remembrance

It'll warm up.
    The Casting for Shotguns subforum in particular is, like I said, the reason I donated; the forum and the people on it. Everyone is friendly. Helpful.

This subforum in particular has gotten me so far ahead of where i was or could have gotten on my own. Knowledge not posted is knowledge that will die with each of us. This is a real repository for GREAT shotgun loading info.

i'm hoping to add to it someday. As it is now, i am just a 'user' of other's knowledge. One day maybe, i'll contribute something original.
    I hope so anyway.

I did some loading for that baikal 12ga i posted abt before(*)- this time w malt-o-meal and no hard card in the wad. When the owner shoots them, I'll have some more results to post. I wonder if the hard card is necessary when the nice cushion of some hot cereal is added. We'll see...

C-

(*): here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?206948-Fitted-roundball-load-in-Baikal-12ga-results&highlight=
    Last edited by cpileri; 08-30-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jmortimer View Post
    Just to be clear, I was merely referring to the Casting for Shotguns forum on this site. I love this site, spends most of my internet time here. I was spoiled by the fact that the shotgun forum was the best of the best bar none, including Shotgun World, whatever. I like Shotgun World, but the forum on slugs is not as active or useful as this forum. So, just to make it clear, this site is awesome, the Casting for Shotguns forum here is great, it just used to be greater. The members who post here are the best members as far as I'm concerned, but I am biased. Very supportive group, and all positive. That is all.
    I do need to apologize for using your post to get my point across
    cast boolets never use to be this way and I hope the others decide to give it another shot
    again my sincere apology

Doc.

Boolit Master

I've been reloading shot shells for many years. Lately, between shooting skeet, casting boolits, reloading rilfe rounds and otherwise finding time for the wife, I haven't had time for working up new shotgun loads. I've got a box full of Lyman slugs that are waiting their turn on the experiment bench. There just isn't time for everything so this is the category that is sitting there waiting.....( so are the pistol loads) What more can I say?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12