Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: .38 special + P ++

Boolit Master
    Char-Gar,
    I have had the same thought except it has varied from desert, to woods, to plains, to mountains, etc... , and never did come up with an answer--although I know which side of the fence I hope I would be on.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Bub
    +P any caliber is a gimmick, and waste of powder!
    "One man with a gun, can control 100 without one." Vladimir Lenin

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    I often wish I could withdraw and deal only with good people and not be troubled with those who are not. A few hundred acres of desert with a high fence would do nicely. But when I get very deep into that fantasy, I come up with deciding who is good and who is not and how much good is allowed in and how much bad keep them out. I then I start to wonder which side of the fence I would be on.

When I get to that stage, I just decided to quit playing God and go shooting.
    Two comments. First, by their fruits you shall know them. 'Snot playing god, it's simple avoidance.

My main thrust was to point out that while it might be nice to feel ourselves to be good due to the fact that we don't do evil, If we don't produce good (fruits) then the "good men do nothing" thing may take over (evil may triumph) within us. Truly good people do good, they don't just avoid doing evil. I call into question the value of "all men/people have some good in them." No fruits equals nothing.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Quote Originally Posted by leftiye View Post
    I call into question the value of "all men/people have some good in them." No fruits equals nothing.
    The notion that all folks have good or at least start that way is a Christian notion. For all humans were created in the "image of God I (Imago Dei), this implies that unless God is bad, then all his creation has some of His good.

Having free will, humans can choose to abandon their true calling as children of God and follow their own notions. This is called sin and this is why we need a savior. Indeed some folks have sunk so long into self interest and self deification the image of God is not visible to us "fruit inspectors". But as I man of faith, I think there must be a smidge of that still there, even in the worst of us.

Again, this is Christian thinking and not human psychology, so it has as much or as little value as folks want to attach to it. I have studied psychology a right smart amount, and have found nothing there, to change my Christian thinking on the subject. I do admit that in my fruit inspection days, I ran across some folks that displayed no visible fruit of goodness.

A close examination of my own fruit lead me to turn in my Inspector's badge. If the power of God is limited to what I can see, know, understand and verify, then that makes for a pretty limited God and/or a pretty big me.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 09-14-2013 at 11:26 AM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567