Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone no one ever liked passed away today.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates

Someone no one ever liked passed away today.

Ron was one of those folks that knew everything about everything and refused to listen to anyone. All anyone knew about him was he had been in the Navy. He was supposed to be retired from the RR. No family and no relatives and not enough money to buy food or new clothes.

Every hospice the V A placed him in sent him back.

Ron passed yesterday of cancer.

Just feel that even Ron deserves a mention and a prayer.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

I've known men (and a few women) like that. They can be a bother. But, sorry to hear he passed. I hope his final hours were peaceful.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by mikeym1a View Post
    I've known men (and a few women) like that. They can be a bother. But, sorry to hear he passed. I hope his final hours were peaceful.
    The V A called and only said he died and gave the time.

Everyone should have a peaceful passing and I hope Ron did as well.

Boolit Master
    I don't know Ron, nor do I know you.....but he served his country. Bad Water Bill it speaks volumes about you that you would say a few words. I will say a prayer for Ron, and give thanks that there are people like you who would remember.

Rick

Boolit Grand Master

Well stated Rick, I couldn't agree more!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Master
    I'm on the bandwagon with 1Shirt. Couldn't have said it as well as Rick already has!!!

Boolit Buddy

Every man who has served his country deserves to be remembered, very well said Bill.

Rafe
    If there is nothing in your life worth dying for than you are already dead.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hodges View Post
    I don't know Ron, nor do I know you.....but he served his country. Bad Water Bill it speaks volumes about you that you would say a few words. I will say a prayer for Ron, and give thanks that there are people like you who would remember.

Rick
    I can't add much to what Rick says here. Rest in Peace Ron.
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

I'll remember Ron tonight when I 'talk to the man"...don't know if Ron "had a man" but I'll loan him mine for a while. We come in alone until we hit the family and some folks leave alone...I only hope there was "a family" waiting for him when he moved along...

When I was a youngster, the sorriest SOB I ever knew was a PITA to be avoided when possible just because he was negative to every man or beast.
    Not surprised he never married, the old fellow had few who would stand to listen and fewer friends still.
    Yet, my strong and gentle Dad would bear up and give his time, and lend an ear even after I could stand no more.
    Asked why he would put himself through the gauntlet, Dad never answered until his own later years.
    "Son", says Dad..."though they may have come home, not everyone who went to war came back".
    Did not recognize the underlying message until Dad had passed.

Strong and gentle, my Dad, still wise beyond my own years, though 20 years gone.
    With him, I salute a man's service to his country.
    R.I.P.
    Salvaging old Marlins is not a pasttime...it's a passion

Boolit Grand Master

Ron was laid to rest with full military honors at 11 AM yesterday at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood Il.

RIP Ron

Good luck at your new range.

Boolit Buddy
    If he wore the uniform and served his country, I will remember him in my prayers.
    What this Country needs is more unemployed politicians

Boolit Master
    +1 for kmag opinion

Boolit Master

+1 to BWB and pls1911. We had a WWI vet who wandered between the two watering holes in my town and lived alone by the creek. We had him over for dinner about once a month (if he showed) and more often during the colder months. He was always welcomed by my folks, though he was not 'relation' nor very friendly. Mom and Dad said about the same thing as your Dad, pls1911, but when I complained (out of ear shot) about the 'grumpy old man' or his smell at the time, I recall the 'It is our Christian duty' response.

We are trying to raise our kids in a similar fashion, but in this time it sure is challenging.

BWB, prayers for you, and the parents and folks who raised you so well, as well as for pls1911, his folks, and Ron are offered up from my corner of this world. I am glad to be associated with such fine folks.

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

I will offer us a prayer of thanks for Ron and his life. He must have had a whole hoard of demons to fight every day. May he now have peace.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Banned

This a perfect example of unconditional love. Those that did know him and those that did not offering prayers and acceptance. But there is one more thing we can do and that is to try and extend this type of love to those while they are still with us. It is sometimes difficult to do, but we need to try. Ron is in a better place now and I'm sure is a different person than he was while he was here.

You guys are awesome and I am glad to be associated with you.

Boolit Grand Master

"BWB, prayers for you, and the parents and folks who raised you so well, as well as for pls1911, his folks, and Ron are offered up from my corner of this world. I am glad to be associated with such fine folks."

Thanks for the compliment. I am sure my folks and daughter will be happy looking down on us reading that.

I have to say it seams like some of it rubbed off on my son as well.

Two years ago he was down town and ran into a boy from his H S graduation class that was homeless. Steve took off his genuine EISENHAUER JACKET he had paid about $50.00 for and gave it to the other guy. "DAD he needed it way more than I did."

Makes a dad feel good sometimes.

But that was just the way we were raised.

Now look around this site and you will see the same generosity going on here every day.

Yes this IS my happy home.

Boolit Master

All I could say has already been said. You're a good man Bad Water Bill for honoring this man who served us all. He was one of the forgotten ones until you remembered him. Thank you and thanks to this veteran.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

RIP Ron,prayer for you and this great country.I had an acquaintance that tried to be good but one of these fellows that just had to lie about what he had and what had did.

Boolit Man

This Bring to mind the simple Fact " Not all wounds are visible!" Rest in Peace Ron My Brother!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast