Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RepackboxInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMAC versus AARP

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

AMAC versus AARP

Anybody know about AMAC? It is a competitor to AARP. It's for us folks over 50. I did research on it but there isn't a lot out there. It appears to be a good conservative organization compared to the liberal AARP.
    I took a three year membership today after reading what I found. It appears to be a good thing for us older guys and hopefully it will grow and be an actual competitor to the sorry AARP. The AARP supported Obamacare which AMAC does not plus AMAX supports our 2nd rights which the AARP does not.
    I never did join the AARP because of their very liberal stance. I don't care what good deals that I can get through them, they stand against the very things that I stand for.

When I turned 50 over 10 yrs ago, the AARP would send me mail at least once a month trying to get me to join. I always stuffed everything back in the postage free return envelope and sent it back to them. Their garbage wasn't even worth my trouble of throwing it in the trash. Plus they had to pay the postage to discard it. About 5 yrs of that and they finally stopped sending me invitations.
    Last edited by Down South; 08-23-2013 at 07:55 PM.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master
    I'm VERY aggressive about keeping my name OFF of mailing lists, so it wasn't until I was nearly 60 before AARP "found" me. I immediately contacted them and demanded they remove my name from their mailing list. I have made a mission to avoid EVERY anti-gun group and product produced by a company with anti-gun bias. EVERY piece of junk mail I get with my name on it gets a response from me. And every time I find about an anti gun company they immediately go on my "Don't Use" list.
    "Investment" is the new "Throw money at it!"

Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents!
    Oh my!

Boolit Master

AARP was a big supporter of obamacare. I will never join. I return the mailings I receive back to them and tell them as much.

Boolit Master

Many years ago AARP was a really for true organization to help and advocate for Senior Citizens.

Over the years it has morphed into an insurance agency. The only thing they are interested in is selling insurance.
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Master
    +1 on William's post. The reason the AARP likes Obamacare is because they think they can sell lots more insurance.

Boolit Master

+1 for williamwaco.

THUMBS DOWN to the Morphed Insurance Co.

Boolit Master

I always stuffed everything back in the postage free return envelope and sent it back to them.

Down South
    Good idea! That's what I'm going to start doing.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Down South View Post
    Anybody know about AMAC? It is a competitor to AARP. It's for us folks over 50. I did research on it but there isn't a lot out there. It appears to be a good conservative organization compared to the liberal AARP.
    I took a three year membership today after reading what I found. It appears to be a good thing for us older guys and hopefully it will grow and be an actual competitor to the sorry AARP. The AARP supported Obamacare which AMAC does not plus AMAX supports our 2nd rights which the AARP does not.
    I never did join the AARP because of their very liberal stance. I don't care what good deals that I can get through them, they stand against the very things that I stand for.

When I turned 50 over 10 yrs ago, the AARP would send me mail at least once a month trying to get me to join. I always stuffed everything back in the postage free return envelope and sent it back to them. Their garbage wasn't even worth my trouble of throwing it in the trash. Plus they had to pay the postage to discard it. About 5 yrs of that and they finally stopped sending me invitations.
    I belong to AMAC. AARP was a great pusher of oblamer care against the wishes of the majority of it's members. Now oblamer gives them millions of your tax dollars to advertise. AMAC group is Pro-American everything,business,insurance discounts,travel discounts,medicine discounts. They even advertise as Americans for "CONSERVATIVE"American. Here's the link.
    http://www.amac.us/?utm_source=iCont...=Life+Region+1
    I have belonged since 2007. 's
    Knowledge shall forever govern ignorance!

I see what I am hunting just coming off the "GRILL"!

It is not a measure of moral health to be well adjusted in a sick society!
    Jules

I have a lot of fun taking their return envelopes and putting NRA and Midway mailings(without my name) into them and sending them back,it costs them.

Boolit Master
    Put me into the category of folks who take the AARP postage paid envelopes & STUFF them full of junk to mail back. I make them oversized, and overweight. On the prepaid postcards, I simply write; I hate the anti-American AARP.
    Let them waste more & more money on junk mail in my opinion.

As for the AMAC,,, I'll have to look into them.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmiceyes View Post
    I belong to AMAC. AARP was a great pusher of oblamer care against the wishes of the majority of it's members. Now oblamer gives them millions of your tax dollars to advertise. AMAC group is Pro-American everything,business,insurance discounts,travel discounts,medicine discounts. They even advertise as Americans for "CONSERVATIVE"American. Here's the link.
    I have belonged since 2007. 's
    Good link. I should have posted one in the opening post. From what I understand the organization started in 2007. It is growing but it lacks the visibility/advertising that AARP has. That takes deep pockets. The tax payer funding "Millions" that AARP has gotten from Obama has greatly aided them to be more visible.
    I believe AMAC will continue to grow and become a better defense for us conservatives. But we will have to be the ones to fund it.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master
    For the "we pay the return postage" mail---glue their envelope to an old brick!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
    For the "we pay the return postage" mail---glue their envelope to an old brick!
    Sounds like a joke.

But it is NOT.

I have known two people that actually did that.

The wrapped the brick in brown paper first.
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Yes, my wife keeps hitting me with AMAC lit. Now she has to sign up - AARP coverage COSTS a lot less. You aren't automatically an AARP member. I applaud AMAC and the others that have gone before it, but it takes HUGE $$ to get the actual health care insurers to sign on. AARP is a sales Co, they do not provide insurance or health care - the commissions from HealthSouth and others is huge. I need to really look at the Bad Odor Care ( Boner Care now) as some of the rules indicate you may get permanently locked into your present provider in 2014.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Down South View Post
    Good link. I should have posted one in the opening post. From what I understand the organization started in 2007. It is growing but it lacks the visibility/advertising that AARP has. That takes deep pockets. The tax payer funding "Millions" that AARP has gotten from Obama has greatly aided them to be more visible.
    I believe AMAC will continue to grow and become a better defense for us conservatives. But we will have to be the ones to fund it.
    I do my best to share what will become the best retirement help in America. The more we post,and keep the AMAC name out there,the more people will join.It is a natural!

Jules

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

For what it's worth...Glenn Beck has been pusing for AMAC.

Boolit Master

I've seen AMAC ads lately, but don't know much about the organization. I'll have to check it out.

ANYTHING would beat the liberal, anti-gun aarp!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by km101 View Post
    I've seen AMAC ads lately, but don't know much about the organization. I'll have to check it out.

ANYTHING would beat the liberal, anti-gun aarp!
    AMAC is smaller,but we are better than anything. There are great benefits,and they fight for our freedom,and rights. Let's just say they are Tea Party-ish! 's

Jules

They also sponsor Mark Levin.

Boolit Buddy
    amac tea partyfreedom

Jules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast