Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: "Tactical"

In Remembrance
    Makin a feller wear a dress would be akin to naming your boy Sue. lol Well I mean a feller that doesn't want to wear a dress. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lead Fred View Post
    One of my pet peeves:

Tactical white lights, ARE NOT TACTICAL

You turn that on within a 1/2 mile of Me, and a 178 A-Max will visit your AO within seconds.
    Inside or outside at night, white light and or noise will kill you dead.
    Um, so white lights are generally for inside dwellings at night. The white light on my home defense weapon is to ID the target and render their eyes useless. When one's eyes are adjusted to seeing in the dark, then a bright a hell white light is shining in their eyes from 40 feet away, that puts them at a disadvantage.
    "A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." - Aldo Leopold

Live generously.

Hey Blacksmith, you are dead on about the kilts! I met a few Scotsmen( the Coldstream Guards) when I was in the Marine Corps. They are proud of their kilts! They wore a white linen shirt, Blackwatch kilt, high wool hose, and black leather shoes as a liberty uniform. More than one loud, ignorant, young Marine would call it a dress or skirt and get his head boxed in. If you fought one Scot, you fought them all.
    They were real the deal:They didn't talk **** but would not take any ****.
    I am biased:My family are all from Scotland.

Boolit Buddy
    I just came from the range......guy there had a "Tactical" Ruger 10/22. Plastic stock, bipod, grooved s/s barrel with a howitzer looking thingy on the end, scope big enuff to look at the rings of Saturn. Dressed in desert camo. After some small talk with the range officer, I heard him say he had $800+ into that rig. I just looked at my wood stalked, blued 10/22 with a Brimstone trigger job, 4x Weaver and a free floated barrel and smiled. His target at 50 yds was better than mine, but not by much. Worth the extra $500??
    Last edited by double8; 08-29-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    The Flag is flown upside down as an official distress signal that life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness has been compromised.

It is about image, not necessarily performance. A .22 done up tactical is a bit of a joke anyway: Nobody is taking a .22 that ain't silenced to a gun fight.
    If can't afford an AR( or the ammo for it), I guess you get a "tactical" .22. It's like little girls playing dress up....

On Heaven's Range

[QUOTE=Blacksmith;2366079"... get yourself a Scottish kilt, make sure you get one with a tartan you are entitled to wear, then whip out your claymore (original type) and commence mowing down the enemy. "[/QUOTE]

I spent some time in a kilt, when I was a member of the Lake Superior Scottish Regiment, based in the communities of Northwestern Ontario. Our tartan was dress MacGillavry, which appears mostly red from a distance.

Kilts are marvelously comfortable in hot weather. They did lead to some "conversations" with certain locals when on leave, but a web belt with a BIG ornate brass buckle, wrapped around one's wrist and gripped in the hand, makes a fine "persuader" if things get unfriendly. No claymore required.

At this late date, I don't recall if we were allowed to wear the 'skean dhu' (stocking knife) into town on pass.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Buddy
    From "tactical" to kilts.....
    The Flag is flown upside down as an official distress signal that life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness has been compromised.

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    The great kilt was tactical for it's time. Originally the kilt was a "blanket" sized piece of cloth held at the waist with your sword belt from which also hung your sporran (possibles bag) the excess cloth draped over your shoulder. At night it was your bed roll or tent and in the morning you just wrapped it around and tightened your belt and were ready to go.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    The great kilt was tactical for it's time. Originally the kilt was a "blanket" sized piece of cloth held at the waist with your sword belt from which also hung your sporran (possibles bag) the excess cloth draped over your shoulder. At night it was your bed roll or tent and in the morning you just wrapped it around and tightened your belt and were ready to go.
    Those old "Tactikool" kilts were made with 6 or 7 accessory rails added on to them, they are only found in the back of museums these days.
    Ed Barrett
    AKA; elbStJoeMO
    If vegans love animal so much, why do they eat all their food?