Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Any experience with TC customer service?

Boolit Master

Any experience with TC customer service?

The stock on my system 1 split weekend before last at the range.

Everything was going fine, and then the bolt wouldn't lock back.

Pulled it apart, and the stock is quite split, and the action has set back about 1/8".

I called last Monday to get a shipping label, they told me I would have it in my email in a day or two.

Called back Wednesday, they had lost my info.

Called back yesterday, they lost my info again.

They say as long as it's not abuse, they'll send me a new smokepole...

Guess I'll wait another couple of days to see if the label shows up.

Kinda glad I went and bought a new Knight for my hunt, and not waiting on them.

Brandon
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Banned

They are not the same since S&W has bought them out. Customer service has gone out the door from everything I have heard. Most of the older designs they are not even servicing anymore. I had a New Englander that was cracked. It was right when they were taken over. Local T/C dealer told me to get it in fast as they were in the process of reviewing past products for terminating further commitment.

I have the plastic one for my System One in 50 cal. Did you over tighten it? I would pillar bed it when you get it back and it will never crack again.

Banned

Oh ya, I made a new bolt for mine as I was popping a musket cap and a piece of the cap flew out the side of the bolt and lodged in my left arm. I had to go to the ER to have it taken out as it was actually in about 3/8" I made it so the cuts on the sides are not there. Something to watch out for.

Yes , they won't back warrenties sense S&W took over. My muzzleloader cracked a stock (note: this is a 1983 model with Lifetime war.) return email stayed that they are reffering me to a company that might make me a stock BUT it will be at my expense. Had it repaired and will now be a wall hanger.
    CD

Boolit Mold
    I waited 8 months for a sear.

Boolit Master

Thats a shame. At one time they were number one in customer service.

AFAIK, T/C left behind many key, long-time employees when S&W took them over & moved the ops to Springfield, Mass, because they didn't want to, or couldn't, relocate.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    I sent a 17m2 barrel back to them that was doing this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17m2cases.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	79840
    They refused to anything about it. Sent it back and said tough.
    And this was before S&W took over.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

Boolit Buddy
    I just(mid-July, 2013) had a great warranty experience that I’d like to share.
    I have a 1970’s vintage 50 cal. Thompson Center flintlock Hawken rifle. I am the original purchaser . Some time back I loaned it out to a cousin. It was recently returned to me, with a broken frizzen. I’ve read a lot of “internet chatter” on various sites concerning Thompson Center parts and repair service since they were bought out by Smith and Wesson. There have been some comments posted that they no longer support the older Thompson products, no parts available, etc. In an effort to find out for myself, I called Thompson Center’s customer support line at Smith and Wesson in Connecticut. The lady I spoke to was extremely helpful. She informed me that they certainly did honor the lifetime guarantee on my old Hawken rifle. She immediately emailed me a prepaid FedEx ground shipping label and instructions to send the lock in, with her name on it as “Attention to:” so it didn’t get lost in the shuffle at their facility.
    At the time of my call, she advised me that they didn’t have any spare frizzens in their parts inventory, but that they were expecting some. She warned me that it might take a while to get it repaired and returned to me. I told her it didn’t matter, since it was of no use to me as it was.
    I dropped the small box off at my local FedEx office. In less than a week, I received a notice from FedEx that a shipment was coming to me from the repair facility. When it arrived I found that rather than repair my old lock, they simply shipped me one of the new production, improved replacement locks. An entire lock, ready to remount on my rifle. Needless to say, I'm extremely pleased with how this was handled, and felt it appropriate to share.

Boolit Master

Guido, that's good to hear...

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on a label...
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Called again last Friday, they told me I would have it by Monday at the latest...

I guess I should have asked which Monday...

Boolit Master

On June 17 I sent a TC Patriot back to have the trigger repaired. The middle part of the set trigger broke I asked for the replacement part but they would have none of that had to have the pistol. So very reluctantly sent the pistol to them. After about 3 weeks I started calling to find out what was happening the only answer that I would get after I reached a Tech Rep was that they would send a runner to check on it and call back. NEVER got one call back!!! After numerious calls I demanded my pistol back of course the whole place is now on vacation. After vacation talked to another Rep demanded my pistol back, they can't do it the lady that handles that is in training won't be back until next week. Blood pressure now is exceeding safe limits!!! I told the Rep that it's a good thing that I'm about 1500 miles for their office is isn't worth the drive to plant my foot in somebodies rear end. The next week my pistol shows up no notice nothing I just happened to be home or would have missed it as somebody had to sign for it. So I open the box and the first thing that I see is that the lock is missing that's right GONE!!!!! With a note that it has been repaired. Ain't been repaired the trigger is still broke more Emails and calls finally get to a Rep and she says "I"ll send a runner to check on it IF we find it I will call you back". That was over a week ago and no call back so guess now I have some replacement parts for somebody! Never once after 20 or 30 calls did I ever get a return call.

Very unhappy Camper, you can't imagine how UNHAPPY!!!!

Boolit Master

I fired off an email last Thursday, detailing how long it has taken, and all the phone calls I have made, and still have not received a shipping label.

I made sure to let them know that I have a hunt at the end of the month, and since it obviously won't be ready,I will be forced to buy a new muzzleloader. Why should I buy aTC?

There was still no response from that.

I called in today, and asked to speak with a supervisor. Left a message, we'll see what happens.

I think I'm going to start calling for a supervisor every day.

Boolit Master

still waiting for front sight fiber optic replacement.........almost 1 year.

Boolit Master

A friend sent in two Hawken/Renegade locks a month or so ago. They were worn to the point of being dangerous and came back repaired and fully functional. Service time was equal to the old shop.

TC's service was never perfect, but it was a lot better than most for a long time. S&W has not helped the situation.

As for lifetime warranties, whose lifetime are we talking about? I just bought two old but unused locks made in the 1970s by an individual who advertised a lifetime warranty. In an ad I have from that time, he said you could send it back and he would fix in and ship it back on his dime. He died years ago, and I have no idea how to get the locks to him should they need work, so I'm guessing the warranty period is over.

In a way the same thing happened with TC years ago. Once they ran out of stocks for Renegades they quit replacing them. I'm fairly sure they quit working on the smaller Patriot/Seneca/Cherokee locks years ago. The only side hammer stocks you have a chance of getting from them are 15/16" Hawkens. I'll use their warranty service while I can, but I've got enough guns/parts to last my lifetime in case they quit or go out of business.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Master
    A year or so ago I had and issue with a trigger on a new base model Omega and the rep I had on the phone ask me if I thought I could replace the trigger myself, I said I thought I should be able to get it done...he mailed a new trigger to me and I replaced it and am a happy campe...or shooter.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Master

OMG...

I got home this evening, and there is a nice, new synthetic stock...

Will have to make sure it fits later this week!

Brandon

Boolit Mold
    This is my first post here...just thought I'd see if anyone else was having the same problems with T/C? My 1980-vintage Hawken started shooting 10" groups before this hunting season (probably less than 200 rounds down the pipe in its lifetime and always kept meticulously clean). T/C said "send in the whole rifle". 2 weeks later I received it back with a broken rear sight (in a bag), gun was disassembled and with new scratches - and their response was " there are no parts available...we can't help you". The main guy I spoke to after multiple calls sure was apologetic - and friendly - but said I was just out of luck. Couldn't they have just stated that before ruining my rifle? I offered to buy a BRAND new one (since mine with the lifetime warrantly is USELESS now) if they could give me a discount, but he said they had no kind of policy to allow that. WORST customer service I've experience, and it makes me thankful for companies like Ruger who honor their warranties. So I bought the sight repair kit for $30, put it back together...so now I at least have a functioning rifle that shoots worse than a smooth bore musket thanks to T/C's service experts.

Boolit Grand Master

Something has to have changed about it that makes it shoot such poor groups. It just doesn't happen that quickly without a reason. Have your loads changed and what loads are you shooting?
    Aim small, miss small!