Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: This has been....

This has been....

a big aid for me in rolling patches! And it doesn't take long for me to roll a bunch!

Bulletstop by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr
    "The South died with Stonewall Jackson!"

Boolit Grand Master

My patch board is similar I have a 1"X6" X6" maple board with a cut down one edge and a brass rail down the 90 degree edge This rail locates the paper patch square and in place. Over the cut on the opposite edge is a 3/4" square boss glued in place with a 1/4" hole drilled on location over the saw cut slot. In this hole is a 6" piece of 1/4 20 ready rod with a wing nut outside of block and a acorn nut on end of rod. regulr nut on inside of boss. This allows adjustment and the acorn nut acts as stop to locate bullet from the nose.
    In use dampen a patch ( I ussualy have the one Im rolling and one waiting dampened to normalize), locate along brass rail. place bullet in groove with nose against stop ( acorn nut) and roll the patch on. I can set and watch tv rolling patches on bullets with this board. Bullets are exactactly the same for practical purposes. Works great is easy to make with a table saw and drill press.
    Set up is easy also place a dry patch againstrail and set bullet on it adjust stop to where you want the patch edge at. Lock wing nut. I shoot 45 cal bullets from 450-575 grns all paper patched. Ill do a couple hundred in an evening. I dont have a camera to take a picture of it but its simple and easy. A little time and work and Patching becomes a brain dead operation.