Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
Wideners Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a functional way to order Gator checks from Blammer?

Boolit Buddy

Is there a functional way to order Gator checks from Blammer?

The Group buy links have all been removed.

the dydns is disfunctional.

I tried to post a screen shot but the CB server didn't like the 98kb png

I only got that group buy thing to work once, so I gave up on it.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by ProfGAB101 View Post
    The Group buy links have all been removed.

the dydns is disfunctional.

I tried to post a screen shot but the CB server didn't like the 98kb png
    Just tried it and it works for me. When you get to the first screen you click on DJ at the top and it will tell you what GCs are in stock.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah - It just worked for me, now.

Yesterday I tried it several times and kept getting 500 asp server errors.

Mods can close this - but seriously - if there will be no more group buys then maybe this should change.

I gave up on him as a source last time I ordered. My check was returned with a snotty comment that he was in business to make money and I had not sent enough. My check was for the stated amount posted at his order site. Check the Gas Check Store. I think he is a vendor/sponsor on this site. He delivered a good product in a very timely manner.

Boolit Buddy
    Sagesoutdoors.com too, especially if you don't care to deal with ebay. Fast everything.-tj

Banned
    I order mine directly from Larry Blackmon (Doc Gator).....order 5,000 and shipping is free.

Boolit Buddy
    I think I did everything right, if not some guy in NC is getting a check for $93.99
    I think the whole group buy think is the most backward way to order ever. Even if this works out I doubt that I will do it again.

The group buy process is why I never purchased through him...

Banned

The modified version you see now in the GB login was the result of GB's gone crazy.

There use to be NO GC's available except during a group buy. Then literally a million and a half GC's would be ordered. It was overwhelming.
    Yes Gator did not enjoy cranking out 1.5 million GC's in a week or two.

I decided I would inventory GC's and sell them all the time. So there would be no 'waiting' for a GB to come around. You could get the GC's at the discouted rate any time. ANY time, not just once a year.

People forget I do NOT MAKE any money on these GC's.

A moderator here helped me build or modify the GB site to what it is now for EASE of ordering. yes it may be a bit confusing but you would not believe what it used to be like. I wrote directions to help, and constantly field questions and problems to try to get people onto the GB login system. I am not a programmer or a computer programmer, so login problems I am VERY limited on my ability to help. I usually tell the person to contact Wiljen as he is very good at this.

I have tried to keep an inventory available. This inventory I keep is from my personal money I spend and any GC's that are sold I basically am just being reimbursed.

Dan Cash, I specifically remember you. I closed the GB login for 3 weeks so I could clear up any orders and change the prices. Remember I ask that if you order, send in your order within the week you order it? Your order was effectively cancelled after two weeks. After I changed the prices (3 weeks later) I get a check for some GCs' for the OLD price, and no order sheet. You had PLEANTY of time to get your order in for the old prices. I'm sorry you tried to play me and lost.

If anyone else tries to get into the GB login and cannot, PM me, I have some suggestions that may help.
    Wiljen is also a good person to contact for help in this regard.

I apologize for any inconvenience encountered while trying to get some GC's

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I ordered GC's through the GB login.... mailed a check a week ago, and got my GC's yesterday. No hassle.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    I've ordered gas checks from Blammer before. I had no problem figuring out the GB page and following instructions. It was easy and I got my gas checks just fine.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Grand Master
    ordered plenty of gas checks from Blammer not one hitch ever
    simple really
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Buddy
    When I started this thread I had tried to visit http://groupbuys.dyndns.org/login.asp and it was crashing, throwing up 500 server error screens. ( kinda like the 404 page not found error you might get, but a 500 error is an internal server error).

I tried from 3 different computers with 3 different operating systems - all got the same errors.

Next day I received a PM from someone who said the system was working fine for them, so I tried again. This time everything worked as intended and I placed my order for 5K. The check was at the post office 9am on 8/19 so everything should be moving along.

I understand that site is not Blammer's and he has little control over its status, I also see that it has a history of being shall we say less than reliable. I blame Bill (gates) an *.asp page indicates a windoz server prolly programmed with that bughive DOTnet lazy programmers tool set. I see these issues daily at work. Software companies try to get new versions out as fast as possible - not worrying about memory load, disk usage, conflicts, network traffic or any other factors that need to be considered. Once upon a time there were contests that tried to see how much funtionality a programmer could fit into a package that would still fit on a single floppy. This required lean efficient code, sometimes even using assembly code or direct hex coding.

Like many of the firearms skills these skills are lost on most programmers today - strangely enough the few who can do this are usually working for video game companies because those skills are the best way to get the performance they want.

I don't code anymore - I run herd over a server farm and reset user passworks when the account gets locked cause there iphone could not get a good signal and it repeatedly connects to the exchange server.

Shooting for me is cheap stress relief.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by historicfirearms View Post
    I've ordered gas checks from Blammer before. I had no problem figuring out the GB page and following instructions. It was easy and I got my gas checks just fine.
    Well, I'm going to have to eat my words. I just tried to open the Group Buy site to buy some checks and the site wouldn't open. It keeps coming up with Error 504 Gateway Timeout.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Banned

well, not working for me either.

ring ring.... Hello India... just kidding, I'll send wiljen a note see what's up.
    Last edited by Blammer; 09-03-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Banned

wiljen say's it's working now. I had difficulty then pinged the site and now it works fine.

I have ordered close to $2,000 of product in the last few years and NEVER a hitch. At first it was somewhat confusing going to DJ's corner and viewing order etc.

Boolit Buddy
    Well My order is here now. and I don't think I will need more any time soon. I bought chex for cals I don't have molds for or lube size dies. So I'm set for now, need to do some other shopping.

Boolit Master
    I will admit, The GB format is not super easy to use. But I did get it figured out. Last I checked Blammer is kicking them out for about 9 bucks less a 1000 than Sage's
    I can put up with a little "not super easy" For 9 bucks.
    I will use places like Sage's when I need them fast. Shooting volume of cast from my 300 Black Out kinda drained my 30 cal supply.
    But to keep my supply topped off.
    9 bucks is 9 bucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast