RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 32 cal conical bullet mold

Boolit Bub

32 cal conical bullet mold

can anyone tell me if there is a 32 cal conical bullet mold i would really like to try out in my crocket rifle so far all im finding is the round ball molds thats it any help would be a blessing

Bushmaster, Thompson/Center used to market a Maxi-Ball mold for their .32cal. rifles (Cherokee & Seneca I think). Finding one in VG condition and at a reasonable price is going to take some doing, though.

Boolit Grand Master

If you just want to try some there are usually some 32 conicals on ebay or amazon.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Lee makes a SWC mould for the 32 S & W. I have used it successfully ,accuracy wise , in a Douglas Barrel @ .320 bore by paper patching soft lead boolits up to bore size with a snug fit, or by using 0.005 thick patches with the as cast lead boolits.

Still I preferred RB velocity in the 32 over throw weight on various small game.

BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Boolit Master

Tom at Accurate moulds can make them.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Track of wolf 90 day waiting list .its a lee 6 cavity mold 32 maxi ball worth the wait ?
    Part Number: LEE-32-MAXI-6C

Price: $54.99

Boolit Bub
    ill have to check into that thank you very much

Boolit Bub
    thank you will check it out

Boolit Buddy
    I have the Thompson Center 32 Maxi mould. If you would like to try a few, I can send you a envelope with a few in it. You just pay postage. I am guessing around $3 for a dozen or less to meet the weight criteria mailed as a light packet to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHMASTER View Post
    can anyone tell me if there is a 32 cal conical bullet mold i would really like to try out in my crocket rifle so far all im finding is the round ball molds thats it any help would be a blessing

Boolit Bub
    ifn you want to do that yes ill pay the postage i guese if theyll let you do it send as postage due when i pick up at post office
    if you can e-mail me at steventhompson223@yahoo.com and il give you my mailing address and as always thank you and god bless

Boolit Buddy
    email sent. (:

tom at accurate made one for me from my TC 32 maxi samples.It's in his catalog.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

Banned
    NJ (but usually somewhere east of the east coast)
    I ordered one abt 2 weeks ago and figured on the 90 day, just got the E-mail it was shipped, so theyre in stock now

Boolit Master

Well I just finished placing my order for the Lee 32 cal maxi. I don't care if I have to wait 90 days or not. It said they were out of stock so we will see. I have enough of my original T/C Maxie's left to get me by as I don't often take the Crockett out specifically for bigger game. The coyotes I have killed with it have all been targets of opportunity and the PRB did just fine.

I know it is not exactly legal but I have been thinking that a 32 maxi would be good medicine on whitetail doe. I know of several folks that swear by 25-20 and 32-20 rifles as the ultimate whitetail round for inside of 75 yards. I think my Crockett loaded with a maxi on top of 30 grains of 3Fg ought to have as much ballistic energy as a 32-20. Where I would hunt with it all of my shots would be within 50 yards or less. What do you all think?

Best wishes,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Master

Joe, the boolits looks small, and the energy is low, but of all people, if the 32 is in your hands, I'd say get the skinning knife ready! Be my luck that the buck of a lifetime would be out at 75 yards and there I'd be with a decision to make.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

Well guys in most cases 90% of my shots are measured in feet not yards. I like to hunt and to me hunt means up close and personal. The older I get the less I like the long shots.

Best wishes,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Master
    Here in MO, muzzleloaders must be .40 cal or larger to be legal, but they are allowing airguns .40 and larger too, and I'd but a 32 maxi could put out as much energy as most of the air rifles do.
    Lyman 22596,225107,225353,225438,225415,225450,225646, 225462,228367,244203,245496,245497,245498,245499 RCBS 22-55-SP,22-55-FP,243-95-SP,243-100-FP, NEI 100244GC-#14, 55 224 GC-#4,225 45-#3 PB, NOE 22-055 SP,MX2-243,Saeco 221 & 243, RD TLC225-50-RF,Lee 22 Bator 6c & 2c HP. Love casting small boolits, let me know if you have one that I don't that you would part with!

Boolit Master
    Now I got to buy a Crocket.Momma going to kill me, but I'm going to blame it on you ********, (wink).

Fly

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BCall View Post
    Here in MO, muzzleloaders must be .40 cal or larger to be legal, but they are allowing airguns .40 and larger too, and I'd but a 32 maxi could put out as much energy as most of the air rifles do.
    Yeah I know we're suppose to use a minimum of a 40, yet any center fire with an expanding projectile is perfectly legal. I am sure at the range I will be shooting the energy will be more than enough to do the job and more than some guns that folks use.

Best wishes

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Bub
    Just got those bullet today in the mail thank you sir