Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duck dynasty sets new record!

Boolit Master
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I sure hope the ''powers'' dont notice it'll be shut down for being too American.....
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

I heard the other day that one member of the cast of Duck Dynasty was claiming facial profiling. I got a kick out of that.

Boolit Buddy

Ruther Glen,Va. Recently escaped from Peoples Democratic of Illinois
    It was Jas they thought he was a homeless man when he asked a hotel employee where the bathroom was. Like he said it was facial profiling.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't really care for this show... Everyone I know loves it.

Boolit Master

It is a great wholesome show. My family really enjoys it. My wife was crying her eyes out during the wedding at the end of the season premiere this week.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Moderator Emeritus

I enjoy that show! I am especially fond of them ending the show with them all at the table for dinner and saying grace each time. Uncle Si is my hero. I'm not as bad as he is with carrying iced tea everywhere I go, but I do have a gallon pickle jar of tea in the kitchen fridge and the shop fridge.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Buddy
    Got to love the show and Si and Phil are way cool. My wife even loves the show as do my 3 teenage boys. The show makes a statement about believing in God and family and not what you have or wear for clothes. You will not see them in $100.00 Lucky blue jeans.
    NRA Life Member
    OGC Member
    USPSA Member

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Man

Dang. Now I guess I gotta watch it. I was a day late and a dollar short on the "Facebook" craze, too. I remember when email first came out and I thought it was just a fad...
    Trochilids, Living in The Great Land

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams, February 6, 1788.
    "Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?" -- Patrick Henry, 1836.

I've never seen the show I don't have cable I don't watch much TV so it's not worth paying for cable. But from what I just read that Uncle Si sounds like me with his tea I don't go anywhere without my glass of sweet tea in my hand.

Boolit Master
    Y'all heard Trace Adkins Songs About Me? Duck Dynasty is kind of like the TV version. I'd never seen it (no TV at home) til May when I was traveling on business. Not much of a bar fly so I usually lounge in my hotel room and tie flies or leaders or whatever while watching TV. Caught the show and found it pretty entertaining.
    Some where between here and there.....

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Man View Post
    I've never seen the show I don't have cable I don't watch much TV so it's not worth paying for cable. But from what I just read that Uncle Si sounds like me with his tea I don't go anywhere without my glass of sweet tea in my hand.
    I think you can go to A&E's web site and watch older episodes there.
    what lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to while lies within us - emerson

Boolit Mold
    Really love the show and there family values. There love for God and not shy about talking about Him. I recommend Phil's book, really ties in too what Kay was talking out in the last show. Started willies book and its ok so far.

Boolit Master

I read somewhere that Willie is considering getting into politics down there. Would eb different from what we have up in DC now for sure./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

They are like modern day Beverly Hill Billies. I watch them when I get a chance.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogg View Post
    I guess I'm the only one who doesn't really care for this show... Everyone I know loves it.
    You're not the only one!

A couple of months ago there was another thread on our town about them. I though from the glowing reports on that thread, I must be missing something. Soooooo I recorded a bunch of episodes. I only made it all-the-way-through one of them, none were funny, or made a lick of sense.

They sit around surrounded by what appears to be parts of some sort of call(s), but they're never seen putting anything together.

They apparently specialize in growing facial hair. Now, I wear a beard, but never let it get that long. It gets in the way and looks worse. I HATE shaving, and I get ingrown hairs if I shave too close.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

In Remembrance
    I don't watch much TV, but if it is on when I am watching I watch it, and it is the only reality show that I have watched more than one episode. I take it for what it is, and that is entertainment pure and simple.
    There will always be some that doesn't like it, just like any program, but apparently by the ratings, they are in the minority. At least the kids aren't cussing their parents all the time like some of the so called reality shows I have wasted a few minutes of my life trying to watch.

The "facial profiling" incident was at Trump Towers in NYC where an employee, thinking Jas was homeless, led him out of the building when he asked for the restroom.....

Orcah Winfrey would have screamed "raycism" far and wide and it would have been covered for MONTHS. Jas just shrugged it off with a clever quip. Definitely diksplays a disparity between "country class" and "victim class", no?
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

In Remembrance
    I knew the guy that bought the multi autographed harley that Jay Leno auctioned off for the twin towers. When he went to be on the show and take possession of his 175,000 harley, they would not let him do it in his own clothes. He was an everyday working guy and dressed accordingly. He was not exactly happy about spending that much money and having to wear someone else clothes to accept it. lol

Boolit Master
    I live in town of only 100k, but draws 200k day from the surrounding counties due to the hospitals, lawyers,shopping,restaurants, etc.
    Anyway-
    A local church is bringing Phil and Willie in to do a talk this month at one of the convention centers.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE