Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

View Poll Results: How many powder measures do you have?

Voters
902. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (You're normal, maybe a little below average)

76 8.43%
  • 2 (Good, I call 2 normal)

153 16.96%
  • 3 (You're dedicated)

200 22.17%
  • 4 (Maybe that's enough)

134 14.86%
  • 5 (Okay, no more!)

87 9.65%
  • More than 5 (You need help!)

252 27.94%
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: How many measures?

Boolit Bub
    5 but I need more. (Spoken like a true junkie) Plan on a 650 soon, so a couple for that.
    Pre LNL Hornady, Hornady LNL, Redding #3, Lyman 55, Dillon on the SDB.

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    Six, but also need more. Lee dipper set, Lee Auto Disk, Lee Auto Drum, RCBS Uniflow, Hornady LNL. NEED Lyman 55, two Dillon's, at least one Redding, etc.....you know, at least one of every model made.

I had five scales, but now only have three, and that just ain't a good feeling. I gave two to friends in need.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Banned
    Selling all my Lymans and RCBS ones and buying the best one made. A Harrells Premium, good enough for Tubbs and Zediker, fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5 CM View Post
    Selling all my Lymans and RCBS ones and buying the best one made. A Harrells Premium, good enough for Tubbs and Zediker, fine for me.
    I have a Harrells. It is mechanically beautiful and is excellent for ball and flake powder. The Lee Classic (now renamed the Deluxe) is every bit as good and consistant as the Harrells and handles stick powders more consistently. It is definitely faster and easier to reset to predetermined measurements than the Harrells. The Deluxe/Classic is 3x less expensive and more than equal to the Harrells. Hard for most to believe it a Lee.

OK let the naysayers begin......
    "An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out." Will Rogers

Banned
    Zediker agrees the Lee is good, I have one and agree, but it's not a Harrels. (assume you dont own a Harrells)

I didn't see the comment about Lee dippers qualifying until after I voted. I guess I do need help.

Anecdote for all. I'll try to condense as much as possible.
    I'm going to post this, only because no one knows who I am....personally. Im addicted, or just plain lazy, or have way too much money to spend on foolish whims. Call it what it is: Im lazy! No, not really, I hate changing things around for the sake of economy. Way back in my youth I started out with one single-stage RCBS, graduated to a Lyman Turret(sorry I sold it).About the 1980's, I splurged and bought a Dillon, because I needed a universal shell plate for my various rifle calibers & 45ACP.(remember the brass primer feed & primer tubes?). Met Mike D at his original shop in Scottsdale---quaint little place. Anyway, he used his best salesman pitch: "If you don't like it, send it back, no charge". Can't beat that with a 357 to my head! Took it home, used it for a month maybe, called him up, "Mike, send me another Dillion". I set that one up for small primers. That was for the 450. Guess what? I graduated to the 450B. "Mike, what do I do with the original press? "Use it for a boat anchor", or something to that effect.(That is when he came out with the update kit to convert the 450. Well as you all know, we have the 550....and I've go 10 of them!(if you want to count my 650 that I sold, well, then that was another measure) And all have powder measures. In addition to that, 2 Reddings-large & small drums. At last count, 9 RCBS Uniflows; 1Hollywood; 1 SAECO,(Santa Anita Engineering Co); 1 Belding & Mull(just a conversation piece); 1 Herters for my 6 station Herters Turret(Just had to have it); 1 Lee; 2 Lee uni kits; 1 RCBS mini, and to round it off, 1 Lyman 55(to replace the one I had in the genesis, because I was sorry to sell it with the Lyman turret---very accurate measure).
    Well there you have it, the confessions of a "had to have it guy". I confess I didn't buy all these units new; 98% came by way of trade; swaps, & death in the family sales. That about does it my crazed reloading fanatics, have'm, can't do without them, and I use almost all of them, and I'm not lazy, I like versatility. (I'd hate to answer the pole question for reloading presses!)

Quote: It's not necessary to be quick, but make the first shot count(Lone Ranger)
    Last edited by silhouetteshooter; 01-10-2019 at 12:28 AM.

You’re my kind of reloader there silouetteshooter. My theory exactly except not to your extent. 10 Dillons, wow. I’ll have to tighten up, I’ve only got 2 550’s and 2 lyman T2 turrets. I hate change, had the same wife for 42 years, same job for 40, last 3 vehicles were Ford trucks, same house since 1973.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but my Lee Perfect Powder Measure throws really accurate charges even with extruded powders, Varget specifically. I was within .1 grains per throw on some .308 a few days ago.

The people's republic of Commifornia, in Somerset

How many measures?

Quote Originally Posted by jessdigs View Post
    Hmm, 6 I think, Counting my shotshell loader

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Now I have bought two since my last post.
    One was missing making my tool head holder look incomplete, had to fix that

Then i got another one when I started loading .38/.357. It's pretty easy to take the two screws out and move them over, dial in the charge etc...but it's easier to work a Saturday for a little extra money and buy another one so I have a dedicated measure for each caliber and I don't have to change anything. Making it a true quick change. With the 550 caliber changes are under 5 minutes. (Same primer size) and it's only Getting quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Master
    2 uniflows, 1 autodisk, 1 set of dippers, and a handful of homemade custom dippers.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Buddy
    You need to change the ( you need help to more than 10) I honestly don't know how many I have.

Boolit Grand Master
    You had to go and stir this up again, didn’t you oger? OK, now I’ve bought all three sets of dippers (red, black, and yellow) and have about 5 of the Bair or Pacific pistol measures that use the brass rotors, two each of the Lyman Accumeasures and RCBS Little Dandies with a set if rotors for each type, a couple of B&M Visible Measures with various drop tubes, several Lyman 55s, and an assortment of old cast iron and earlier Ideal stuff... about 7 or 8 of those old ones if I put them all together. No, don’t try an intervention... it won’t work!!!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    RCBS Chargemaster first gen, Lyman 6th gen I just got (still in the box).

Lyman 55 - 3 smokeless, 2 Black Powder

4 or 5 Lee disc measures on turrets

2 of the new Lee Auto Drum measures - not a big fan, fine spherical powders (e.g. AA2 and 5) make a mess with them. And the cockamamie safety is worth a trip to the rotating file.

2 Belding and Mull I'm rehabbing

Lee dippers don't count, haven't used any since I bought a Lyman 55 in the 60s

On the Lyman 55s I keep one of each at a summer place.

Progressive shotshell presses don't count, right?
    Ed

CW3 USA (Ret)
    VFW Life
    American Legion
    DAV Life
    NRA Benefactor
    TX State Rifle Assn Life
    SAF Life
    NY State Rifle and Pistol Assn Senior Member because I don't have to fight that fight in TX
    JPFO Member
    GOA Member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    You had to go and stir this up again, didn’t you oger? OK, now I’ve bought all three sets of dippers (red, black, and yellow) and have about 5 of the Bair or Pacific pistol measures that use the brass rotors, two each of the Lyman Accumeasures and RCBS Little Dandies with a set if rotors for each type, a couple of B&M Visible Measures with various drop tubes, several Lyman 55s, and an assortment of old cast iron and earlier Ideal stuff... about 7 or 8 of those old ones if I put them all together. No, don’t try an intervention... it won’t work!!!

Froggie
    Aren't the red and black the same? Not sure why I thought that. The only listing of dippers I've seen compared red and yellow.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy
    Froggie you really have a problem. I was just making fun of myself not trying to impress anyone.

Boolit Master

4 Uniflows. 2 w/case activated linkages. 2 for the stand. Standard and small cylinders. Also a set of Lee dippers (yellow) that I NEVER use.
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Boolit Master
    at this point I'd need to take my shoes off to count them... and I might run out of toes...
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Bub
    Hi
    Three RCBS uniflow
    one pact scale and dispenser
    RCBS 10-10
    Ohaus 10-10-
    Parker Lyman M5
    jennings gem scale a
    small pocket scale

Im only up to 6 measures at this point, not including the yellow lee dippers.

4 Lee Auto Drums that stay mounted on a caliber specific turret and set for a specific drop for my most common plinking rounds.

1 Hornady LNL
    1 RCBS Uniflow

Both the Hornady and RCBS are stand alone and used for load development.

Although Im sure that once I end up getting a Dillon 550 or 650 that dillon powder measures and toolheads will begin to overrun the lee turrets and measures on my bench.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast