RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything

View Poll Results: How many powder measures do you have?

Voters
902. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (You're normal, maybe a little below average)

76 8.43%
  • 2 (Good, I call 2 normal)

153 16.96%
  • 3 (You're dedicated)

200 22.17%
  • 4 (Maybe that's enough)

134 14.86%
  • 5 (Okay, no more!)

87 9.65%
  • More than 5 (You need help!)

252 27.94%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: How many measures?

Boolit Master

a couple Dillons with my RL450s which I don't use anymore. Five or six RCBS Uni-flows and two Hornady Case Activated Powder Drops. The Dillons kept gumming/hanging up when using fine ball powder. The Uni-flows are crazy accurate for me.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

1. RCBS Uniflow with baffle and micrometer pistol accessory, used to do everything
    2-4. Three RCBS Little Dandy measures. I need at least two more, three would be better. I use them on my Ponsness Warren P-200 Metalmatic. I am paranoid over double charging, as I use Bullseye and Unique, mostly. These are thus set up for a single load. One more would finish off a turret and a second additional one to be used for everything else the Uniflow doesn't do, like 10gr and 12gr squib loads.

Boolit Man
    Ohaus 7200 Du-O
    CH4D #502 (like a gigantic Redding)
    CH4D #??? (earlier version of the 502]
    Bonanza/Forster Bench Rest (two of these, my favorite)
    Bonanza Bullseye (two of these as well)
    Belding & Mull
    Ideal #5 with a micrometer conversion
    RCBS Little Dandy
    Pacific pistol measure (two of these, well three but one is for sale in the shop. Rotors, not bushings)
    3 sets of Lee dippers, black, red, and yellow

I’ve owned two Lyman 55 measures, those are the worst for me, no idea why I thought a second one was a good idea.

Had an RCBS Uniflow(maybe two?) but it wasn’t too impressive.

Had a Redding that I cannot remember why I sold, but that was a mistake.

Had a Lee, whatever their entry level measure was called, gave it to a friend.

There were two other Belding & Mull measures that I sold in a fit of unsound mind apparently. Also another Bonanza/Forster Bench Rest that I gave to a friend

There may have been others I don’t recall. Yeah, I have a problem. Powder Measures Anonymous, I’m a charter member
    Otony

Boolit Master
    RCBS Uniflow with the small rotor. That small rotor was my first experience with RCBS Customer Service. I had saved up a list of parts I wanted and called RCBS. The fellow wanted to know why I wanted the small rotor. I explained I was loading small charges for pistols and was trying for less drop to drop variation. I had payment ready but he called it warranty repair and wouldn't take my money.

The Uniflow burned in a fire but the rotor survived. I cleaned it up and installed it in a new Uniflow and have been using it ever since. The large rotor that came with the new measure is in a drawer, never used.

One powder measure, one story, slow Monday.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

6 Dillions it’s raiser to leave them on the different tool heads
    Dave Biesenbach
    port charlotte fl

Boolit Bub
    I must be an anomaly. Just 2. An OLD Bonanza with the red hopper, and an OLDER RCBS Uniflow with the micrometer on the rotor. The Bonanza gets 99% of the use, it's crazy accurate but fussy to set.

Well, I've got an old Hornady, a couple of RCBS units, a Lyman cast iron #5 and a Chargmaster 1500. I also have one I use just for BP. It's and old Belding and Mull. Oh, and I have a set of Lee dippers
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow

Boolit Master
    5- 1 small rotor Uniflow, 2 large rotor Uniflow, 1 Lyman 55 and a Pacific

Boolit Bub
    2 RCBS Uniflows (1 set up for pistol and one for rifle), a Lee Dipper set, and 5 Lee Auto-Disk PM's with the adjustable powder bar. All of the Lee's are set up on 4 hole turrets for 9mm, 357 Sig, 357 Magnum, 40 S&W, and 223. Rarely use the dippers anymore. Use the RCBS for my 6.5 Grendel, 22-250, 30-06 and 35 Remington. Yes...I need help...

Boolit Buddy
    3 RCBS uniflows (2 small 1 large) 1 Lyman 55 1 Lee auto disk set count less Lee dipper sets (counting as 1). If you count each of my shotshell presses then add another 8 to that number.

Lyman Gen 6
    RCBS M500
    Ego Dante mg scale

I learned to load when I was on 90 day mil orders at Wright Patterson AFB Jan - Mar 2021. Was in the middle of winter and needed something to do besides drinking during off duty time. So I brought all of the stuff I gathered in preparation to loading which included the RCBS balance. My dad sent me that small mg scale (Ego) to use in place of the tedious balance and my introduction to handloading started.

Boolit Buddy
    Two RCBS (one came in their boxed kit), 2 Pacific Deluxe, and one Pacific Pistol Powder Measure in perfect-like-new shape.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

I have a Lee disc ghat I use for pistol and a RCBS Little Dandy that will be here tomorrow. A new toy to play with! I probably should have forked over a little more and bought the B & M adjustable? Maybe that will be next? hc18flyer

I have a set of Lee dippers, some homemade ones and an adjustable one made from aluminum by LMF.
    60 years ago I was taught to weigh every charge and thats what I do. Never liked the Redding powder measure that I had and found out that I could dip much quicker.

Boolit Master
    Three Hornady’s and a RCBS Uniflow does everything I do.

Boolit Bub
    Just picked up a Lyman Brass Smith powder measure. I’m looking forward to trying it out and comparing it to the Redding BR powder measure.

Boolit Bub
    Forgot to mention. I have a box of Lee powder measurers aka "scoops". Do I count the individual "scoops" as 1 measure? HA

Boolit Master
    Not sure what is considered a "Powder Measure". It seems most are calling Powder Droppers a "Measure" so in that case I have 2 droppers. A RCBS Uniflow and a Little Dandy. Also two RCBS beam scales. A 5-0-2 and a 5-10. So that makes 4 total devices.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819